Help choosing stateroom on the Jewel

JillK

Hi all.

I was hoping for some advice from those of you who have sailed on the Jewel or any of her sister ships.

My first ever cruise was a family vacation in 1990 on the Norway and that set my folks and myself up as life-long cruisers!

Since then, my hubby and I have sailed with RCI, Carnival, Princess and Disney while my folks have been on RCI, Princess, Costa, Disney and more recently have returned to NCL for their past three cruises.

They very generously have given me a FCC as a gift and we are currently looking at the Jewel next April. Although they have also offered babysitting services, we plan on taking our two oldest with us (both daughters who will be 8 and 6 at time of sailing) while leaving our two younger sons at home with my folks.

So after that preamble, my question: will the inside cabin be too tight for four of us? Are the outside staterooms on Jewel the same size as the insides or like Carnival do they have a sitting area? Do I need to be in a balcony cabin to get a sitting area beyond just a chair/desk?

We don't plan on spending much time in our cabin beyond getting ready and sleeping but I don't want to be spending the week regretting that we didn't get a bigger cabin either.

Any and all recommendations and advice appreciated!!

Jill

Yes, you would need at least a balcony cabin to get a sitting area with a small pull-out couch and table.

I believe that the inside cabins and oceanviews are similar in size, but don't have a sitting area.

With four people I'd go with a mini-suite (really a deluxe balcony) if the cost wasn't prohibitive. The extra space would be nice for you. They're larger than a standard balcony, have a full-sized couch, a curtain that can be drawn between the sitting area and the bed, and a bathtub.

Thanks Cubechick for the sound advice. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Another question then.... if we go with either a balcony category or mini-suite, will my daugthers be sleeping on the pull out sofa or are there pull downs like in the insides and outsides?

Thanks!

Jill

Thanks Cubechick -am planning on booking either balcony or mini-suite on the Jewel due to your advice!

I am using a cruise reward that my folks purchased on their last cruise for us. I thought I saw somewhere here that there was $100 OBC that comes with? Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks again for the help!!

Jill

Thanks Cubechick -am planning on booking either balcony or mini-suite on the Jewel due to your advice!

I am using a cruise reward that my folks purchased on their last cruise for us. I thought I saw somewhere here that there was $100 OBC that comes with? Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks again for the help!!

Jill

Technically true. They received the $100 OBC when they purchased the cruise reward which would have been applied to the account of the cruise they were on.

Archived