Millennium RS 6140

JaiOfChi

Just booked the 10/4/11 Western Caribbean 4 nighter on the Millennium. We have Royal Suite 6140. Any reviews/photos of this room would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....and keep on cruising!

• 2 weeks later...

I have some pictures taken on the Wine Cruise of May 3rd this year. For some reason, probably operator error, I can't seem to load them as a response to you. If you will send me an e-mail ar rholbrook@cox.net I will send them to you. It was a great suite. Very quiet. You probably will have Manual as you butler. He is a joy to work with and will meet any need you might have.

Ralph

Ha! I saw this post and immediately had to register. My husband and I are looking at this cruise and deciding between the royal suite and the celebrity suite. If the OP doesn't mind the quick hijack, is the price difference worth it?

We're new-ish to cruising (we took HA to Hawaii for our honeymoon - I will never again take HA) so any advice/info would be appreciated by me as well.

Ha! I saw this post and immediately had to register. My husband and I are looking at this cruise and deciding between the royal suite and the celebrity suite. If the OP doesn't mind the quick hijack, is the price difference worth it?

We're new-ish to cruising (we took HA to Hawaii for our honeymoon - I will never again take HA) so any advice/info would be appreciated by me as well.

It depends on the price difference and, possibly, itinerary. We always loved the Celebrity Suites but our last cruise was in a RS on Constellation and it is much larger. It is nice that you do not need to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom and the separate shower cubicle is very nice. Of course, the RS also has the balcony.

However, the position of the Celebrity Suite on M-Class ships [Millennium, Constellation, Infinity and Summit] is much more central and, in my opinion, much better.

Sue

It depends on the price difference and, possibly, itinerary. We always loved the Celebrity Suites but our last cruise was in a RS on Constellation and it is much larger. It is nice that you do not need to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom and the separate shower cubicle is very nice. Of course, the RS also has the balcony.

However, the position of the Celebrity Suite on M-Class ships [Millennium, Constellation, Infinity and Summit] is much more central and, in my opinion, much better.

Sue

Thanks so much for the response and for pointing out a few things that I confess I hadn't noticed. The bathroom design in the celebrity suites does seem a tad bizarre.

My husband will like that the CS's are in the center of the ship. Are they noisy though, being located so near the elevator?

Thanks so much for the response and for pointing out a few things that I confess I hadn't noticed. The bathroom design in the celebrity suites does seem a tad bizarre.

You also need to know that the step into the bath [over which is the shower] is quite challenging.

My husband will like that the CS's are in the center of the ship. Are they noisy though, being located so near the elevator?

Definitely not! Some people think that the CS on deck 8 can be affected by overhead noise but there is never any problem from the elevators. Also, footfall in the hallway is minimal because of the position of these suites. [However, the same applies to the RS.]

While discussing position of the CS, deck 8 suites are also a little darker because of the overhang but nothing major because of the wonderful windows. If you have never been in a CS on an M-class ship before, you would not notice. The view from the windows is wonderful and so much better than from a RS balcony.

Sue

I have some pictures taken on the Wine Cruise of May 3rd this year. For some reason, probably operator error, I can't seem to load them as a response to you. If you will send me an e-mail ar rholbrook@cox.net I will send them to you. It was a great suite. Very quiet. You probably will have Manual as you butler. He is a joy to work with and will meet any need you might have.

Ralph

Hi Ralph - I just sent you an email. Thanks so much for any photos you can share. Much appreciated!

Jai

Ralph

I sent you an email regarding your photos. Would you mind sharing them with me as well. We will be in this suite in October.

Thank you!!

Archived