Intercontinetal

Missus Makkem

I've also read on some customer reviews that they were upgraded at no extra charge. :confused:

I guess it's just luck if you get upgraded for free! :) Ocean view would be nice but we're only staying one night pre cruise in San Juan and I think after traveling all day, I probably wouldn't care what kind of view we had.. as long as the bed is comfortable!;)

I guess it's just luck if you get upgraded for free! :) Ocean view would be nice but we're only staying one night pre cruise in San Juan and I think after traveling all day, I probably wouldn't care what kind of view we had.. as long as the bed is comfortable!;)

Exactly! To be honest, I don't really care that much about the view from my room. We're not flying all the way to San Juan to hide in our room. We want to hit the beach and/or go out for dinner. We'll just be in the room to sleep.

We just stayed there July 2nd. got it on priceline for 130. was not ocean view but really didnt care, we were only pre cruise one night. and the ocean view would be pretty but mostly all pool view. We liked the place would stay there again. I read those reviews too. I didnt see to much wrong. Its not the ritz or some grand expensive place but it is really pretty there, and clean. the pool area is lush.

We just got the Intercontinental - Name your price - for Dec 17-20 post cruise for $100 plus taxes per night!!! I was surprised since that is the week of Christmas. Last year we were at the Intercontinental Christmas Eve and thru the day after Christmas and it was $225 plus taxes.

The Intercontinental has good rooms and a fabulous pool and beach area. We were even treated to an outdoor wedding on Christmas Day.

If you take a left out of the hotel and cross the street by the Chilis and follow the side of the building Chilis is in on a sidewalk for about 4-5 blocks there is a HUGE grocery store with everything you will need including alcohol.

Also if you turn left out of the hotel and stay on the hotel side of the street you will come across a cantina with seating inside and out. Very good food, but I cannot remember the name. It was quite an adventure since we were eating there on Christmas Eve and there was an earthquake! Being from MN it was my first experience with one! But we have a good story!

Remember the bus runs along the road in front of the hotel and it is very inexpensive if you want to go further west down the hotel and restaurant strip.

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I just booked the Intercontinental on Hotwire for $130 per night plus tax and a resort fee. We're staying there on 02/11/12. Hotwire says the resort fee could be up to 20% and will be charged separately by the hotel. I'm pretty happy with the cost as many of the hotels are very expensive.

Hi! I just booked the Intercontinental on Hotwire for $130 per night plus tax and a resort fee. We're staying there on 02/11/12. Hotwire says the resort fee could be up to 20% and will be charged separately by the hotel. I'm pretty happy with the cost as many of the hotels are very expensive.

I just hope that recent visitors of the Intercontinental post soon as I've been hearing good and bad things about this hotel. My trip is in Nov and I will def post when I get back!

I bid last week on Priceline and won the Intercontinental for $114 per night pre cruise February 3, 2012. With taxes and fees it was $135. The rate on hotel website for a standard double is $303 all in. I stayed at the Intercontinental February of 2010 and the hotel was nice. The beach area gorgeous. With that being said I still would not pay more then $200 per night. Good Luck!

I bid last week on Priceline and won the Intercontinental for $114 per night pre cruise February 3, 2012. With taxes and fees it was $135. The rate on hotel website for a standard double is $303 all in. I stayed at the Intercontinental February of 2010 and the hotel was nice. The beach area gorgeous. With that being said I still would not pay more then $200 per night. Good Luck!

Did you book with Priceline in 2010? If so did they charge you a resort fee? I got the Intercontinental for Feb 9-11, 2012 my receipt from Priceline says all taxes and fees included. This past Feb I got Marriott Stellaris with Priceline and my receipt stated all taxes and fees I was not charged a resort fee.

We just got back from our PR cruise a couple weeks ago and stayed there post cruise. Wow what a nice place. great pool and beach. Prices are high but you can expect that. In the morning we walked across the street and a little to the right for a really nice breakfast in a little mini mall.

I used points to get the room and I was upgraded for free for my status, but I don't really think I would pay for the upgrade because we did not spend much time in the room.

We just got back from our PR cruise a couple weeks ago and stayed there post cruise. Wow what a nice place. great pool and beach. Prices are high but you can expect that. In the morning we walked across the street and a little to the right for a really nice breakfast in a little mini mall.

I used points to get the room and I was upgraded for free for my status, but I don't really think I would pay for the upgrade because we did not spend much time in the room.

Thank you for posting. Our flight arrives around 1:40 pm and am hoping for a relaxing afternoon by a pool or beach. Wonder why people are complaining about the rooms so much?

Where is the Intercontinental exactly? When I bid on Hotwire I get a quote of $130. When I look where it is , its in Carolina? How close to port is that?

I have to book with hotwire, as priceline won't allow me to have 4 adults for the rate. And it looks like for the date and time we want, and the amenities its looking like the Intercontential.

Thanks for your help.

Did you book with Priceline in 2010? If so did they charge you a resort fee? I got the Intercontinental for Feb 9-11, 2012 my receipt from Priceline says all taxes and fees included. This past Feb I got Marriott Stellaris with Priceline and my receipt stated all taxes and fees I was not charged a resort fee.

Yes. Lorrey I was charged a resort fee last time but I don't recall how much and I did use priceline. I think the price was around the same bid roughly.

Just checked my receipt for our one night stay at the Intercontinental for this coming January and this is what it says:

When you check-in, please present the confirmation number(s) printed above (one for each room) and your photo ID at the Front Desk. In addition, the hotel will require a major credit card to guarantee incidental charges (phone calls, room service, parking, resort fees, energy charges, etc.) that you may incur while staying at the hotel. Should you have a special request, please contact your hotel directly at the number listed above to coordinate your arrangements.

Looks like we should be prepared to pay the resort fees :mad: Also.. what do they mean by "energy charges"?? Additional charge for turning on the light or using the air conditioning:confused: :eek:

I know in Nassau they assess an energy charge. Some places it's a set amount like $3.25 per person per day. I didn't not have an energy surcharge in SJU only the resort fee. I think the wording with Priceline is standard language to cover all properties and not just specific to San Juan

Any Advice on bidding for the Intercontinental?

We booked thru Hotwire 2 days ago 4 star resort in San Juan area you don't know the hotel until after your card is charged but I had checked out ahead of time what hotels it could possibly be by the amenities etc. We got the Intercontinental for $128.00 plus tax and I am very happy with out choice. Good luck!!!:):):)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived