Quck Answer? Carnival 72 hour sale, cancel and rebook?

I can save $140 from a cruise I JUST BOOKED three days ago, but it is the

Carnival 72 hour sale, new booking only.

IF i cancel and rebook but pick a different catagory does that make a difference?

I know the computer must be smart enough to know I cancelled and rebooked, any way around this??

If i put my husband as the primary and book him first would that change anything?

thanks for ANY advice.

If there was a rate reduction for the same catagory or better, then you are entitled to an onboard credit or price adjustment from Carnival.

If you booked thru a PVP (Carnival's Personal Vacation Planner) then give them a call to assist you in the paperwork to file (electronically) to get the adjustment.

You can file for an adjustment directly on Carnival's website. The form is under the "Search" section. Type in Rate Adjustment and you will find it.

i just looked and realized it was 3 days, UGH, so now I am in a pickle.

i am tottally thrown off by having Monday off....feels like Tuesday. sorry!

It's still worth a call. Carnival has no uniformity in their customer service. Even though it says "new bookings only" I would still call and play dumb. The worst that can happen is you end up right where you already are.:D

It's still worth a call. Carnival has no uniformity in their customer service. Even though it says "new bookings only" I would still call and play dumb. The worst that can happen is you end up right where you already are.:D

on phone now, and she first said "there is nothing we can do" so i said oh then can I cancel and rebook? and she put me on hold for 6 minutes now....i used a PAST GUEST rate so I am not even trying to use the "new" 72 hour rate.

AND they did credit my August cruise before......

and WHOO HOO, they did credit me. DOH, should have called, THANKS for the suggestion!!:D

on phone now, and she first said "there is nothing we can do" so i said oh then can i cancel and rebook? And she put me on hold for 6 minutes now....i used a past guest rate so i am not even trying to use the "new" 72 hour rate.

And they did credit my august cruise before......

And whoo hoo, they did credit me. Doh, should have called, thanks for the suggestion!!:d

yay!!:d

What if I booked with ES and the Past Guest Sale is cheaper now? Do I get a credit?

As long as it's the same cat, then yes. Are you following prices on fareviewer? It's the easiest way to check prices using CRUISE FARE ONLY. Do not include gov't fees/taxes/gratuities:

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer

If fare is cheaper, then submit this form:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

What if I booked with ES and the Past Guest Sale is cheaper now? Do I get a credit?

I may be wrong but I think it has to be a rate you qualify for so only if you are a Past Guest. It won't hurt to try though, just in case. I'm sure others will chime in if I'm wrong...

I may be wrong but I think it has to be a rate you qualify for so only if you are a Past Guest. It won't hurt to try though, just in case. I'm sure others will chime in if I'm wrong...

Good Point! I think I just assumed that flcruiser was a past guest. Oops!:o

Archived