solstice class forward O.V. cabin

stereo

Hi all--Just booked a forward O. V. cabin on Vista deck on a solstice class ship--cabin 8101--8106.Would someone who has cruised in such a cabin tell me what it was like---thanks

We were in 8108 in January. We were first worried that those forward cabins would be very rough. But on our Caribbean cruise the seas were moderate and we felt no motion. You do also have an angled window. More than once I bumped my head :) It is along walk to the dining room. So you will get your exercise.

Thanks to fblak--but cabin 8108 is a cabin near 8101--8106 and it does not as i see it look forward--sorry if I was not clear --I was told that the cabin that I booked looked forward--not port or starboard

If you search thread for Solstice 8101, there is a kind Cruise Critic member who will share his fotos if you email him.

I am pretty excited about this Cabin as the interior is larger than veranda cabins and the window seems quite large. The price could not be beat for our Med cruise which is so port intensive I am hoping we won't miss a balcony.

We just left 8102 on the solstice a few days ago. The room seems longer, and there is no " bump in" of the tv/ make up desk. The view is pretty compromised. You are looking through a bit of a crawl space; looking at some of the helicopter pad. The other is the front windows get "sea skunk" :) It's quite a nice room- not so much for the view. Ps- comfy walking shoes go a long way.

Hi, I had 7106 on the Solstice, just below 8106. It was a pleasant cabin, but had only an easy chair instead of a couch. The good-sized window slanted forward, leaving an area like a bay window with a flat surface where you could leave things. In the Mediterranean on that trip, ship motion was not an issue.

While there was no corridor noise, EVERY time we docked or tendered, the cables seemed to be all around us unrolling on their power winches, making awful noises for a long time. I believe that six landing cables come out of the side of the ship from a location near this cabin.

If we had an early morning arrival, we had an abrupt and unpleasant wake-up. The noise was SO loud that I can't imagine it couldn't be heard on Deck 8. The Deck 7 forward cabins face right into the place where the anchor is stored.

I'm not sure of your itinerary, so don't know if most of the docking/tendering will be on the port side or starboard. This may not be predictable. You might be better off to move to the middle of that row if something is available.

Actually, 8108 has two windows that look forward. And, at least on the Eclipse, the cabin door for 8106 is in a small alcove with the door to 8108. So if someone were to book 8108 and 8106, they could close an outer door and have one large combined suite.

Here a photo of 8108 and two forward facing windows. The second photo is the small alcove that has the doors to 8108 and 8106. In the photo, the door to 8108 is straight ahead. The door to 8104 is on the left. The door to 8106 cannot be seen and is inside the alcove and to the left.

13.jpg.32bcfbcc8be4b468cfcd3c4fd4701cbe.jpg

DSCF0498.jpg.a4fe4281112a1e3113057e030ae7ee81.jpg

Archived