Carnival Pride Infor Requested

binuevo

We just returned Sunday from our Carnival Pride cruise. We sailed her last year as well.

Overall the cruise was very good. We booked this trip the Monday before she sailed so we got a GREAT rate for a balcony. We ended up on the veranda deck port side about a third of the way back. Didn't feel too much motion till the last day sailing north from Cabo. Take your bonine with you.

The food in the dining room was good but not as good as last year. The service on the ship was all excellent. Our waiters and room attendents were wonderful. We didn't do David's this time around since we did it last year but I highly recommend it if you'd enjoy a quiet, relaxing top notch dining experience.

We had great weather, 80+ degrees in all the ports. Since we've been to PV, Mazatlan and Cabo several times in the past we didn't take any tours. We rented a car and went surfing north of PV in a little town called Sayulita. A very nice retreat away from the masses. Mazatlan - we took a pulmonia (sp?) into old town and walked around for a couple hours before riding back to the ship for lunch. After lunch we walked over to the water taxi's and spent the rest of the afternoon at Stone Island. I recommend Letty's on the beach-- great people. For those of you who've never been to Mexcio, the vendors selling their wares can be non-stop aggressive but I've always found a smile with a 'no gracias' will send them on their way. Keep in mind, they're just trying to make a living. Overall the local people we met were all warm kind hearted people so I was appalled at the way some cruisers treated them. Remember we're visiting their country. Be kind.

The Pride is a beautiful ship, and easy to get around. We spent most of our time lounging on the aft pool deck. This pool is for adults only so it's quieter than the others. This ship has nice spa amenities with its terrific gym, whirlpools, dry and steam saunas--all free.

Take layered clothing with you. The first and last sailing days are cool so a sweatshirt or wind breaker will come in handy if you want to be out on deck. I was so happy I'd packed my REI polar-tech pullover and pants, they kept me toasty warm even with a bitter wind blowing.

We didn't do any shows this time around since we had the late dinner seating. Most nights after dinner we'd go listen to Karaoke in the Starry Night. Very enjoyable. We had a group of super talented teenagers on this trip who sang amazing stuff. Plus the social host was an extremely funny guy.

The self serve ice cream, cookies, and that chocolate buffet on Saturday afternoon were very popular. The deli turkey sandwiches are great. We did the poolside grill for lunch several days--burgers, chicken sandwiches, sauteed mushrooms and onions, yum..... The food here was very good.

The buffet food didn't look all that appetizing to me. Sort of made me sick to seeing such large quantites of food being piled high on peoples plates and being consumed in a single sitting. Pace yourselves folks, the food is available 24/7 & I promise you won't starve. <g>

I bought a soda card but wish I hadn't. It really wasn't worth the $44--the free punch and lemonade were fine.

All in all I'd rate the cruise an 8 -- the only real complaint I have is all the loudspeaker announcements selling stuff. It was MUCH worse this year than last. I was happy I'd remembered to bring along a package of spongy Husher Ear Plugs. They saved us when that Cruise director would start screaming his sales pitch (Bingo!, spa services!, gold by the inch!, shopper Kathy's specials!), and also in our room when the neighbors would let their cabin doors slam shut. Recommendation: *****BRING EAR PLUGS*****....

Future Pride cruisers, enjoy the ride. Despite the few annoyances, it's a heavenly way to travel. There's no other place i'd rather be than floating on a cruise ship. This really was a nice trip. Safe sailing to all of you.

Archived