***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Sharon, so sorry to hear that you are not feeling too well with a cold coming on. Perhaps you can get to a drug store and get something to knock it out.

So they are picking up the dog tomorrow. So do you think you can leave the dog for a couple of hours so you get out tonight?

I agree it is sometimes best to just skip WW if you do not think you have lost anything. I cannot figure out how I did not gain or loose.

Really warming up now. It has not rained around here for a week. I guess we could get rain tomorrow. But temps today in the 80's. I have had the AC on for a few days now. I cannot stand to be hot and uncomfortable.

This site does give me problem sometimes as well. They still have not fixed the clock. It is still 1 hour off and I have e-mailed them, but I guess it is not a major issue they are willing to address.

Kathy

That was great that you stayed the same, must be doing something right! I will try again this week to get back on track.

It was hot today, its hot in the house now too but have the bedroom window open and a little cool breeze is coming in. I hate to start paying for air conditioning this early. I saw ComEd, the electric company, has a plan that you can get in that charges you less for morning and night use than middle of the day. But it is a one year contract so thats not so good. It's hottest in the middle of the day in the summer.

I did go to the dance place for a little while tonight, was worried to leave the dog alone but she did fine. My friends mom and dad got their name down right away to sing and really seemed to enjoy it. But her dad went up on the stage to tell the DJ something and then he jumped off. Well he normally walks with a cane so that was not a good thing to do. He fell down and hurt his chest or ribs because he fell on his arm. He said he was alright but he will probably be bruised and sore tomorrow. I don't know what he was thinking jumping off the stage like that!

They are picking up the dog tomorrow, she really is a good girl and kept me company. Since she missed her "mom and dad" she was my shadow most of the time.

Sharon

Sharon, yes it is hot now and we started watering the grass and flowers yesterday. It looks like we will be doing this every day now as little or none rain in the forecast.

That was good that you were able to get out last night for a few hours. I agree, what was wrong with that guy jumping off of the stage like he did. So they are coming sometime today to pick up their dog?

The lady next door to us is hosting a wine tasting party tonight. She had 1 a few years ago and is doing it again today. Although I bought 10 bottles when we were up in Saugatuck, so I really do not to be buying any more wine.

After working all day, the last thing I do not need to be doing is coming home to a hot house. I get real aggravated when I am over heated.

Kathy

Well maybe you can find a bottle or two of wine you like to buy, otherwise just go for the "tasting"

I dropped the dog off at her home around 12:30, had gotten a message from them that they were headed home and would be home around 2pm. After that I went up to the parade for about an hour and a half and then to the graduation party for about the same amount of time. It had rained here this morning for about a half an hour but then the rest of the day turned out sunny and hot. It is clouding up again now looks like it might rain again tonight.

Looks to be pretty warm again tomorrow, nothing planned to do yet. I think tonight I will bring the fan up from the basement to move the air around a little bit.

I thought I had a cold but it doesn't act like a cold. I feel fine and then I'll get a coughing spell and cough till I can't hardly and then almost gag. Then after that, I am fine again. I just never know when that coughing spell will hit or how long it will last. My ribs are sore from coughing so much. Strange!

Sharon

Sharon, we went to Menards and bought a fan 2 weeks ago to move the air around in our bedroom. For us around here we did not get any rain at all, and there is no rain in the forecast for the next week. Bill has been watering everyday.

Sorry to hear that you are coughing so much. It could be allergies as I hear that many are suffering with that.

So we went as she had dinner for us all and then after dinner we did the wine tasting. Even though I did not really need any more wine, I bought 2 bottles as a good will gesture.

It was good that all worked out so you could go to the parade and the graduation as well.

So we play the very last game on Wednesday, and Bill has another meeting to go to. So we all are on our own. We certainly would have lost last weeks game without Bill. None of us play the way the game is intended to be played. He is the only 1 who plays that way and no one else can beat him. He plays in the center just after the center line. We all play at the very end on the back stop and playing that way is very easy. Playing the way Bill does, is very hard, and that is how he wins.

Kathy

Seems like the rain is very spotty, some places get lots, others none. It is really hot out today. After church this morning I have stayed in the house, just don't feel like doing anything.

I usually try to buy something when I go to one of those parties, whether I need it or not.

Wow, I had not idea the games would be over already, the summer has just gotten started. Lucky Bill is on your team! Where are you at in the rankings now?

Sharon

Sharon, we are coming up on week 4 of the bocce. This year is very unusual, due to the fact that we are 1 team down from last year. So we make up from that loss by every team having a bye, where they do not play. Since we are team # 1. We had a bye the very first week. So the standings will be off until every team has completed their bye. Then the second week was a rain out. We won last week our very first game being played. So we are listed as being in 9th place out of 15. But once again everything is off. We are the only team with a 1-0 record. Everyone else has a 2-0 or a 0-2 or a 1-1. So the games will not be over until the fall, we are just getting started.

For us it got close to 90 yesterday. Now temps around here only in the 60's today. Still no rain in our forecast until the weekend.

So on Saturday we cleaned and filled up the hot tub. So last night was my very first time in the hot tub for this season. We also have a screen house and we put the roof on it and put all of the furniture in it as well.

I hope you are feeling better and will get your energy back. You should be out enjoying this beautiful weather.

Kathy

I went back and read your prior post, I thought when you said you played last you meant it was the the last game of the season. Now I see what you mean!

I cut grass all day today, then sprayed Roundup around the house and fence line. Had a really energetic zumba class this morning too. Felt so good to get in the shower!

Great weather this week, good for getting things done outside. A couple of us are thinking about going to the pool on Wed or Thurs although it looks like the weekend it will be hotter.

Bet that hot tub feels relaxing after a long day.

Sharon

Sharon, there are 4 time slots for playing. Most do not playing the last games at 8. But it is what it is.

So I have the hot tub up and running and now you have a summer of going back to the pool. Hopefully you will not run into an bunch of kids. I guess it is all about timing.

We need to get out and buy some roundup, as the sprayer head broke from the 1 we bought last year. So I am just pulling them by hand until that happens.

There is no rain in the forecast, so Bill is watering each and every day now. All of the neighbors watch him and do nothing, until their grass turns brown. Then they try to bring it back, and they cannot the same way we do. As they let it go too long.

Kathy

I had planted some annuals a week or so ago when it was raining every day. I kinda forgot about them because they are in the back of the garage. Well when I was spraying RoundUp all over I noticed that they really, really needed water. So I am playing "catch up" with them trying to get them to look good and bloom again. So much work getting the flower bed ready and planting and then to forget about them!

Went to zumba, got some things at Lowes, had lunch and then decided to go to the pool. I went by myself, took a book to read. I read a little but the water was so inviting and there were hardly any people there so mostly I floated around on my noodle.

I had cut so much grass for hours yesterday I was ready for a break and my back hurt from all the bouncing and jerking on the mower.

The weather looks good for you to get your game in tomorrow night.

Sharon

Sharon, Bill had a meeting with the guild we belong to and picked the team members to take over from his absence. So we won and beat the team that was in first place. So my back was bothering me as well but for different reasons. So I sat out last night, as I did not want to hurt my back further.

It must feel good to be going back to the pool a few times a week now. I heard by Sunday the temps will be in the 90's. Bill is watering every day and our's is the only green on the block. Every one else has turned brown. So being in the pool must have made your back feel much better. For me the hot tub I hope will help mine.

Yes, we have to get out there as well with the roundup, and for aunts as well. Aunt mounds all over the place. About the only thing that is thriving are the weeds.

Kathy

Another day at the pool after zumba today. This time 3 others came too. Not crowded at all and very refreshing. I have been layering on the sunscreen, don't want to get sunburned. I have a skin dr appmnt next Tuesday. Yes my back is fine after a few days of rest off the mower. It's just so bumpy I get shook to pieces and after 4 hrs it takes a toll on my back.

Hope your back feels better real soon too! That was great you got another win!

I have started to water my flowers every day too, the sun is really beating down on them, especially the ones in the pots. I thought I heard we were to get rain tomorrow sometime, would be good, we could use some again.

The RoundUp that I sprayed on Monday is working, everything I sprayed is turning yellow or orange. Kinda ugly right now but will look good soon.

Sharon

Sharon, we went from 9th place to 3rd place in bocce.

So I take it you are swimming outside versus inside, if you are using sunscreen.

For us not really any rain forecast for us today. Temps in the 80's and I am sure Bill will be watering once again. There is not much rain in the forecast for the next week.

I hurt my back bending down pulling weeds last week. Hopefully in a few days it will be feeling better.

Tonight we have a banquet to attend for the theater guild we belong to. Bill is being sword in as the new social director.

Kathy

You should be very proud of your hubby, he always finds thing to do that he enjoys and keeps him busy!

Quite a jump in the standings for Bocce, now keep it up and keep moving up!

Went to WW this morning, lost 3 pounds. Sounds good but I had gained so much on vacation and even when I was back home. Still have about a pound to go before I am back where I was before all that.

Went to the pool again today, it was really nice until about 2 pm, then it was overrun with kids. Seems every woman that came had a bunch of kids with her. But I had been there since noon so was ready to go anyway. Might not go tomorrow, got a little red in a few areas that I missed with the sun screen. Plan on going again on Sunday though, hopefully all the weekend guests will have checked out by then.

I might go see Wonder Woman tomorrow if I have time, heard it is breaking the box office for top movie.

Went to a place call the Belfry tonight, it is a small theater. They had a group there that sang 50's songs. I had bought 2 tickets for the front row because I didn't want to go by myself. So I asked my friend to go with and she was thrilled. We had a good time, it was a good show, lasted from 7 to 10pm. At the end on the way out, they gave everyone a Dove bar. I had went last year and heard an Eagles Tribute band. I also have tickets I think they are in July for another group.

How is your back feeling, sometimes all you have to do is move a little funny and that happens. Hope the hot tub helps you.

Sharon

Sharon, the banquet was very nice. It was served family style. There were 7 tables and a total of 64 members. Bill was awarded a plaque for his role as producer in Sister Act. We got home around 11:30.

Well here we go with the intense heat. I turned on the A/C once again and it looks like it will remain on for at least a solid week. I have not been in the hot tub for 2 days now, with getting home late. However my back is much better now.

I have heard the reviews for Wonder Women and agreed that they are saying nothing but good about it.

Congrats on loosing 3 pounds. I also lost but much smaller, as I lost .4 once again.

So I just got back from shopping with that lady friend of mine that I go with a few time a month. Now I am waiting for my aunt from Oshkosh as she will be staying with us for a few nights.

Thursday morning we leave for Seattle, and will return on Sunday. We are being hosted by Brooks Running as that is where their headquarters is located.

Kathy

How nice for Bill to be recognized! Quite a few people attended the event too.

Yes it has been hot today, but I went shopping for a while in air conditioned stores and then went to see that movie. Was almost too cool in the movies. It was a pretty good movie but lots of kabam and kapow fighting in it. I think I might like to see Tom Cruise in the Mummy next.

One good thing about today was the wind, it kept the air moving and now tonight the temps are done so I have the window open again.

I went tonight to a birthday party at the Wednesday night place. They had a band called High Stakes and they played some pretty good music, not just loud yelling stuff.

Going back to the pool tomorrow for a while, hoping not to run into Bill's daughter and son in law. I heard they have bought a pontoon so maybe they will be out on the lake instead.

I'm sure your aunt will appreciate the air on, is her being there going to bother you getting ready for your trip?

Sharon

Sharon, my aunt being here will not do anything for our trip. She leaves on Monday and we leave on Thursday. So we were going to have a gathering here today. But I am moving it to my daughter's house. When my daughter gives me push back I will tell her, what would you rather do, have it at your house, or deal with Bill today? She has 3 out of control kids.

Sorry to hear that you did not like the movie. I guess you really do not know unless you go and see for yourself.

Around here yesterday, it was blowing strong. But the temps were still close to 90's. So really not a cool breeze around here where I could leave the windows open. Today temps in the 90's, so another very hot day. It should feel good to go to the pool today. I did not know that Bill's daughter went there as well. You sure do not want to run in to them.

It was good that you were able to get out and hear the band playing. I do not like those loud yelling bands either.

Stay cool,

Kathy

Well I guess I gave the wrong impression about the movie, it was an empowering girls type movie. The lead person was an Amazon Queen and very pretty. Lots of fighting but she was fighting for the good of mankind. So I guess I would have to say it was okay but wouldn't go see it again.

Probably a good idea to have the party at your daughters, then Bill can come and stay for a little while and go home, or just stay home if he wants to. Kids out of control drive me nuts too!

It was really windy here yesterday too, lots of white caps on the lakes. Today still windy but not nearly as bad. So many people in boats on Lake Geneva, surprised they don't run into each other.

The pool was pretty good, not as crowded as it was on Friday. And guess what! I did not run into Bill's daughter, but I ran into his son ( the a**hole ) that doesn't even live in this state anymore. Must have been here visiting. I noticed him and acted like I didn't see him and he did a double take and say hi to me, how are you. I just said fine and kept on walking. Luckily he was leaving as I was getting there so didn't have to see him or talk to him again.

Got home took a shower and called a Wed night girlfriend, asked her if she wanted to go to dinner and she did. So that was nice not to have to eat alone for either of us. Her husband died about a year before Bill.

Sharon

Sharon, here we were talking about running into Bill's daughter and low and behold, you run into his son. God that you did not have to deal with him much.

Bill and I have an agreement when it comes to my family. My # 1 daughter is married to a real jerk. All they do is drink and cuss. Bill does not have anything in common with any of them. Our house is not child proof and it was better having else where rather than deal with Bill.

I was very surprised that my aunt was up and out of here before I left for work this morning. She normally does not leave until 11. I guess she wanted to hit the road early.

So it was another windy day yesterday and it hit 92 around here. Today another day in the 90's. Rain forecast for the rest of the week starting tomorrow. So it is hard to say if we will get our games in on Wednesday.

It is good that you had someone to go out to dinner with yesterday. I would not want to be out eating along either.

Kathy

I finally broke down and put the air on, was home all afternoon and needed to get some cleaning done. I have a skin dr appmnt tomorrow afternoon so also didn't want to go to the pool today.

Your aunt must have been pretty quiet that you didn't hear her leave, that's kind of funny that she wouldn't say goodby before she left though.

Another funny thing is, I haven't gotten one piece of mail for the last 3 days (not counting Sunday) Usually get some junk mail or something.

I boxed up a whole stack of National Geographic and am going to take them to Goodwill tomorrow. I tossed out a bunch of Readers Digest's that I had stacked up but I think someone might want to see the National Geographics. Also have several bags of clothes to drop off.

Going to have to go outside and water the plants, they are probably waiting for a drink of water.

I heard it might rain tomorrow night and/or Wednesday night, we'll see. Last time they predicted rain we only got a few drops.

Sharon

Sharon, I do not know how you do it with not having the A/C on. We have had our's on for a few days now. I can not get heated up as I would get real cranky. Bill does not want that to happen I assure you. The name of the game is to be comfortable. So another day in the 90's and storms starting tomorrow. Bocce up in the air.

Good luck on you skin appointment this afternoon. Being out in the sun is always a concern.

There must have been a miss quote about my aunt. She said good bye to me as she was up when I got up. She just left before I did for work. She had to meet someone up north for a lunch and had to leave early so not to get tied up in traffic. So all was good.

That is strange about the mail not being delivered. Perhaps you should stop by the PO and ask why?

I would think that there is people who want to see back copies of National Geographic. I would think that just drop off at the local library.

Kathy

I finally got some mail today so I guess all is good.

Yes I misunderstood your post about your aunt, thought she left without saying anything. I can't blame her for wanting to get an early start.

This afternoon it got dark, clouds rolled in, there was thunder, it got real still and it looked like there was going to be a real good rain. But then it all blew over and we didn't get a drop.

The skin dr zapped 3 spots on my face and is watching a small spot on the side of my nose. I have to go back in 2 months for a recheck of it. Grrr she always finds something.

I didn't think about giving the magazines to the library, got everything dropped off at Goodwill, that would have been a good idea.

Even though there was no rain the temps dropped to the 70's tonight.

Sharon

Sharon, the very same thing happened here as well. Except we got the rain. It just stopped as we did get more rain today, and more coming later on this afternoon.

So bocce has been canceled. Bill got a call this morning around 9:45, and they asked him if bocce should be canceled due to the fact that there is a large tree that brook off and went into the lake right next to the bocce courts. However the tree has 2 parts. The 1 is in the lake and the other part is hanging over the bocce courts. When it falls it will go right on the courts. So for safety reasons, it has been canceled. If it were not for the tree, Bill said with the rain he would have canceled anyway around 4.

Usually when the Dr does that to you, you have soreness a few days afterwards. You will have to be real careful when in the pool and while cutting grass. I had a Dr appointment this morning with the internists.

I went to WW a short time ago and I gained 1 pound. With us going away tomorrow I will most likely gain some more. So we will be leaving in the morning around 6:15 for a 9:30 flight.

Kathy

Yes I did not go to the pool today, but it was just as well. The weather started out just like yesterday but then it really let loose with the rain. I had just finished watering everything too! But it has continued to rain all afternoon and evening and it is still raining. I just got home and it rained on me most of the way home. There was BBQ spareribs, beans and potato salad tonight, all was very good. I had seen the post on FB so I didn't eat before I went.

My spots are on my forehead so they wouldn't get wet in the pool, I wear a hat and sunglasses in the pool while I am floating on my noodle. But I had other things I needed to get done, probably won't go tomorrow either. This one gal found out that since I have a pass she can get in for 1/2 price which is $5, so she was asking if I was going and it kind of aggravated me. Her daughter has a pass so she should go with her instead of meeting up with me. I don't know why it bothers me but it does.

Well 1 pound isn't too bad, but like you say it's hard to eat right while on a trip, good luck.

So you will be having a good time for a few days, enjoy!

Sharon