***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Sharon, I do not know how much money people will spend on a Halloween Costume. But for $1500 for first place for best costume, I am sure there will be many trying to out due one another to get that first place prize money. Have you ever been to the Brat Stop?

Yes, it was real cool this morning and it dipped into the 30's. But just as you have said it turned out to be a nice afternoon with lots of sunshine. We have not seen the sun for a few days now. Temps will get close to 60 tomorrow, and I do not see any more rain until next week Thursday. Have you turned on your heat yet? Bill turned on ours yesterday.

Well have fun tonight. I am sure you will pick a nice costume to wear tonight and everyone will enjoy themselves and I am sure there will be some good eats as well.

Now I understand what is going on with your skin. It is important to stay on top of things like you have been doing. It does not take long for things to crop up and if left untreated, things could get out of hand. I will continue to say prayers for you that everything will get better for you. I know I have sensitive skin as well. I should take your advice about all of the stress I am under so things will not come back to hurt me from all of this stress.

I am just walking, but I am rethinking all of this. As I do not go off until 2 hours after Bill. That is a long time, so have not decided just yet, but we may just cancel this altogether.

Have fun tonight.

Kathy

No I don't know anything about the Brat Shop, but sometimes you find a place you really like so great you can stop every time you go up to see your aunt.

We had sub sandwiches last night they were so big you had to eat them from the side, could not get your mouth open wide enough otherwise. I took pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting on them for dessert (store bought). Must have just come home and went to bed and forgot to tell you about it. When I pulled in the driveway last night, there were 2 deer in the yard eating the bird seed.

I got some grass cut today, have another 2 hours worth to go maybe tomorrow or Sunday. Had to quit today because we went to the Fireside to see Elvis Lives. Love going on Thursday because they have the buffet and so many good things to eat. Only trouble with that is I have cut back so much I get too full too fast! The show was terrific, they had 3 Elvis's. One from his younger years and my oh my was he sexy and could really sing good too. The second one was from his movie days and not quite as good as the first one. The last Elvis was from his comeback times and was a little heavier but looked really good and also had some great moves. My friend Ronnie (veronica) and I laughed, and said the Elvis's turned on all the women and then the husbands had a lot to live up to when they got home, ha ha . I think a lot of women forgot they weren't teenagers anymore.

Tomorrow night have the retirement party so another night out, should be fun.

For the race/walk can't you and Bill walk together? I don't think I would want to wait 2 hrs either.

Too bad you won't know who won the $1500 contest, would be interesting to see what they looked like.

Sharon

Sharon, we had talked about going to the contest. But we would have to get a room and we figured that all rooms would have been sold out. But yes, it would have been good to see the winner.

Well I should say that you have really been busy and that is a good thing. That show that you went to last night really sounded very interesting. I have never heard of a show put on that way. You sounded like it was a well put on show.

I guess you will have to figure out something on how to hang the bird feeder so the deer can not get into it. Once you pulled in did they freak with you head lights and bolt?

I also heard that people should not throw out the pumpkin seeds as they are very tasty once they are cooked properly.

So I decided that we are not going to the run/walk on Sunday. The temps will be below freezing and I do not want to deal with that stuff just yet. So we are going to the play tonight and we will leave once the second act starts. If all goes well we will do the very same thing on Saturday. But will not go on Sunday.

Kathy

Yes as soon as the headlights hit them, the deer took off. Guess they remembered it was there from last year. Strange too because there is still so much other good stuff available for them to eat. Guess bird seed is a delicacy!

Don't blame you for not walking, I was going to cut grass but decided against it too. Might as well wait and see if it gets a little warmer.

I buy pumpkins seeds, they are very good, kinda messy to make them yourself but if you've got the pumpkin why not.

Had a good time at the retirement party, they had pulled pork and Italian beef to make sandwiches. Was able to get in a few line dances also instead of just sitting all night.

Going to sleep last tomorrow, haven't been sleeping well lately, doing too much thinking, can't seem to turn off my brain.

Sharon

Sharon, it dipped in to the 30's last night. Only a high in the 40's today around here.

That is good that you enjoyed yourself last night. Even better to sleep in today. We went by the theater and got something to eat before the play. Then as soon as the second act started we left. We will do about the same thing this evening and then not go on Sunday.

Today we should go outside and bring in more things that need to get stored for the winter. There could be some warmer temps ahead of us. But I think that everything is turning south.

So the heat is working inside of our house, and Bill turned on the heat inside of the garage as well. Whatever we do not do today we can finish tomorrow. With it being so very cold in the morning, is the main reason I decided not to go tomorrow. I'll make hot chocolate at home here instead.

Kathy

Cold today! I went up to a craft fair but most all was the same old stuff you see at all of them. Did a quick walk-through and left. Went to Kohls, had a pair of jeans to return or exchange. I had bought two pair a couple of weeks ago and wore one last night. They were way too big. Got a size 10 now instead of the 12, they fit much better. I washed the other pair today in hot water so will see if they shrunk enough to fit.

Got my costume all organized for the party tonight. I put on the black wig and black eye makeup and really like the look! Going to be Flo from Progressive Ins.

I have had the heat on for a while now, like you I don't want to be cold. I saw that in Tennessee they had about the same temps as us. I was thinking it would be warmer when I went to the wedding next month.

Sharon

Sharon, I would think that you all had a good time at the party last night. I would think a lot of interesting costumes. Who was the 1 that won first place, and what did they win?

Yes, you are right about it being cold at night. We turned on our heat for 2 reasons. First to see if all is working properly and second as the house was getting cold.

So last night was our last night helping out at the play. So today is the last performance and it is at 2. We have been there enough and have done more than enough. Besides, somehow Bill has hurt his back and is in some discomfort. So he may not be doing too much today except resting.

There is not much point in buying anything if they do not have something new or interesting to buy.

Stay warm,

Kathy

There were no prizes just lots of snacking foods and drinks. She had set up a candy bar of about 10 bowls all filled with different candy and bags to take some home. Big pots of meatballs and one of wings. Cheeses and veggie trays. Seems like I snacked all night. There were several witches, Cruela and her husband was a dalmation, Mary Poppins and her husband a chimney sweep, an evil queen from Snow White and several others. A fun night.

Hope Bills back gets better quick, sometimes you just move wrong and throw something out of wack!

I saw the start of the hot chocolate run/walk this morning, quite a crowd. It did get really nice in the afternoon here.

Got a dentist appmnt tomorrow afternoon, not my favorite thing to do.

Sharon

Sharon, as long as we have been together Bill has had back problems. I remember a cruise we were on. About the second day his back went out. We were going to dinner and had to turn around and go back to the cabin as he could not walk. So we ordered room service and the butler gave him an ice pack. There was a full size couch and he laid down on the ice pack for 2 days and it finally got better. So he is in a lot of discomfort, and should not sit for any long period of time. He lays down a lot and that seems to help out.

So all in all it sounds like you had a very good time last night, and lots of food to choose from. I keep forgetting to tell you that a few days ago I lost .4 again. I was talking to my 1 daughter and she told me that she had joined WW online. I have never heard of that before, have you? I do not know how you would be held accountable doing WW online.

It does get real cold at night. Temps today in the 40's. I see towards the end of the week a lot of rain moving in.

Even if we had planned to go for that race. We would have not been able to go, with Bill waking up to his back being out. But it was cold at the start and I also saw a lot of people getting out and doing it.

Good luck at the dentist this afternoon. I hope you do not get any surprises.

Kathy

I have heard about WW on line, wouldn't work for me. I need to be accountable and weigh in and go to the meeting. I was down another .2 last week even after eating at the buffet last week.

That was a shame Bill's back went out on a cruise. I remember one time my Bill's knee swelled up and he could hardly walk on a cruise.

I actually saw a few snow flakes today!

Got my tooth fixed, dentist said it's not bad lets try it without novicaine, but didn't work was deeper once he started drilling. So got numbed up and he finished the job.

Watching DWTS, Vanessa didn't do so great tonight. Be interestin to see who goes home. There are some great costumes though.

Remember when I had my house painted I mentioned the guy that did it was also named Bill? We have been texting and every once in a while he calls me. Yesterday he came for a visit and it was very nice! We are kind of planning for him to come back on Thanksgiving.

Sharon

Sharon, I agree with you that WW online would not work for me either, as I need to be accountable as well. Good for you being down .2. At least you are headed in the right direction.

Wow, you saw snow flurries. It is only in the 40's today around here. Supposed to be real cold tonight. With you being out in the country you probably do not get any trick and theaters. We don't get many either. Maybe just a hand full. Our hours around here are from 4-7.

Yes, when I saw DWTS is back on I just figured that you would be watching it once again.

So does that mean that you both will be spending Thanksgiving dinner together at you house. That sounds good to have the company. We go out to eat on that day.

Kathy

No, never get any kids so don't have to buy candy!

Well tomorrow is Nov 1st already, there is only a little over 3 weeks to Thanksgiving . Yes we would stay home and have dinner here. He has a large family so hope they don't insist he comes by them. (Mom, sisters and brothers, kids not around here)

Got to get up early and go up to Janesville to catch the bus tomorrow. Should be a fun day.

How is Bill doing? Is he able to help the kids cross the street?

Sharon

Sharon yes, he has still been working. He is not there just yet. But he is improving little by little every day. He is icing it at night. So the ice is helping out. Last night right after dinner we went to get our flu shots. The place was empty as the lady said this is the best time to come as everyone is out with Halloween.

We never got 1 either. It is crazy each and every year. Most of the time we do not get anybody. But once in a while we may get a hand full.

I do not remember you telling me or if you did, I just forgot. Where are you going on the bus trip today? How far of a drive is it for you to go to Janesville?

Temps still in the 40's around here. But rain coming in this afternoon. I hope it is after Bill gets through, so he does not get wet. But then it looks like we are headed for a lot of rain coming in the next few days.

Well that will be nice if you both can spend Thanksgiving Dinner together over at your place. I know what you mean about him having a huge family. He should be able to do what he wants on his own.

Kathy

It is about a 45 minute or more drive depending on traffic to Janesville. I went to the Quad cities to the Circa 21 theater to have lunch and a show. It was called Ring of Fire and was all about Johnny Cash. We left Janesville, picked up people in Beloit and then in Rockford. The bus was full. At that theater you sit at a table and eat and stay there for the show. We had a front row table so could see everything very good. Met a real nice gal, we talked there and back on the bus so was good. She had lost her husband and two of her three children, so we had a lot in common.

Then I stopped in to see the girls and stayed till 10 pm, They had the ball game on, looks like Houston might win, but Dodgers were starting to get a few hits so who knows!

It is raining here also and cold!

Sharon

Sharon, it was raining here as well last night. At least Bill got home before it started raining. It is still raining here now and very foggy as well. Temps in the 50's around here today, and lots of rain ahead. I heard that Sunday we could get close to 70.

Well that sounds like it was a real good time. I love that song Ring Of Fire. All in all it sounded like you had a complete day and night. At least you were able to get to the girls and do a little dancing. I'll bet you were tired once you got home.

Yes, I saw first time ever that Houston had ever won a World Series. All in all it was a very close matched game with both teams evenly matched.

It is hard to believe that we are only a few weeks from Thanksgiving and I see a lot of places putting up Christmas decorations already. Did you see that Minnesota got hit with a lot of snow. I can't ever remember an area getting that much snow at the end of October.

Kathy

I saw that snow in MN, looked awful, glad it wasn't here.

I was very tired last night, slept in this morning, didn't want to get up and go exercise. Tomorrow have another trip so will be early day again. It is the last one I have booked for this year.

Dark and gloomy here today, spend the day mainly doing laundry, folding and putting it away.

Going to miss WW tomorrow, too bad because I am down again. Seems I am not too hungry and when I am can't think of anything I want to eat!

Sharon

Sharon, where are you going tomorrow on your bus trip? I wish I could get up and go like you do.

I agree about the weather and it being so gloomy. It has rained here most of the day. I heard that Sunday it could be close to 70 around here. I agree about better MN getting the snow than us. I am sure we will get our shear soon enough.

Bill does the laundry for us tomorrow. He has it all done by the time I get home from work.

Enjoy your trip tomorrow.

Kathy

Today was the Safe House speakeasy in Milwaukee. You were supposed to have to say a password to get in but with everyone on the bus trying to get in, the guy there just told everyone to come in. They did not have enough room at the tables for everyone, so some of us sat at the bar in an ajacent room. It was a buffet but they didn't have the food ready, when they finally did they ran out of food and had to make more. The main entres were chicken that was not browned very good and just looked white, and cheese burgers. Also baked potatoes and broccoli. Was no wait staff to get drinks for about a half hour so the tour director tried to do it. I am quite sure they will not have any more touus going there. When we left there we had a step on guide that talked about the city while we drove around. Drove in the cemetery and saw the mosoleums of Pabst, Blatz and Schlitz families. Got home aound 5pm.

That's nice Bill does the laundry for you leaves you time to do other things. I'm sure working every day like you do, you're pretty busy when you get home.

Going to a thing at the library tomorrow on Holiday eating, several of the gals from WW are going.

Otherwise no plans for tge rest of the weekend.

Sharon

Sharon, I was lazy today and got up late or just slept in. Then I went out shopping with that lady friend of mine and I just got back a short time ago. Now I am leaving shortly to go to a play not to far away from our house. It is not one of Bill's but a friend of mine from work. Bill does not like her much so I am going alone and meeting up with her there.

It has done nothing but pour rain all day and it is still raining now. It was actually thundering this morning early. More rain tomorrow as well. But then I do not see anymore rain until next Sunday.

Wow, that really sounded like a real mess with the dinner you went to yesterday. I agree that they will not go back to a place like that with poor customer service. But at least you had a nice bus trip up there, and back. It sounded like a nice place to visit. If only they did it right. But that sounds like a nice thing you are going to today about holiday eating. I should see that.

Bill took the laundry job away from me. As every time I did it I put the washing machine out of balance. So he said he will do it, and he does it all every week on Friday. But you are right, I am dead tired once I get home from work. Then it is wine time.

Don't forget to fall back. Bill has already set our clocks back. He confuses me every time change. But at least I am on time the next day.

Kathy

Funny, you know I used to think of doing something the wrong way so that I wouldn't have to do it again. Now it doesn't work since I'm the only one doing everything!

Yes its been a dreary miserable day, I only went out once and that was to the Holliday Eating thing at the library. She had some tips, nothing everyone hasn't already heard a million times before though.

I might go to the show tomorrow to see the Orient Express after church. Otherwise it's too long a day.

My friends husband died yesterday morning when they took him off the life support. She pretty much knew that would happen but also knew he wouldn't want to be kept alive that way. He had lung cancer and then developed pneumonia.

Sharon

Sharon, I am so very sorry to hear that you friend lost her husband yesterday. I will say prayers for her.

After you were saying where you went on your bus trip I goggled it and saw where you went. Then I found out that they have 1 also in downtown Chicago as well. So perhaps sometime we may go there to visit. But we will never go to the MKE location.

Today another day of gloomy and rain all day once again. But this coming week I do not see temps getting out of the 40's. But no more rain until next Sunday.

So did you remember to set you clocks back 1 hour. Bill had already done that for me. My car does it all by itself. So now it will be light early and dark early. A depressing time of the year for me.

I have heard of that show. So go and enjoy seeing it today. I agree with it being a dark and dreary day today, might as well go out and enjoy the show.

Kathy

Didn't get to the show, looked up what was playing and the one I wanted to see wasn't there yet. Maybe next week it will be there.

Yes I feel bad for my friend, her husband had lost 3 jobs in the last couple of years, now see probably why. But they had bought a new house, new appliances and new furniture. Also their credit cards are maxed out. She collects disability and only works part time. Luckily she has a daughter that lives close so if/when she loses everything she will have a place to live anyway.

I didn't know there was a safe house in Chicago, hopefully it is better run than the MKE one.

Evidently my car does not automatically update the time, tried to do it but not sure got it accomplished.

There was a fire north of me this afternoon, saw 4 fire engines headed north. Our town has a local site on FB so I asked on there if anyone knew where the fire was. Shortly after that, I was expecting a call from Bill so when the phone rang I answered it without even looking at caller id. It was a reporter from CBS news in Chicago! They had heard about the fire and wondered what I could tell them about it. I told them where it was but declined to make a statement, told her I'll remain anonymous. Then the road was closed for hours afterwards. The fire was a barn not a huge one but good sizwd. It was a total loss.

Sharon

Sharon, so am I hearing that you could have been on the news last night? I would think that a huge barn would go up and burn rather quickly.

Lucky that you checked the show before hand. If there was not anything that you wanted to see why bother.

Yes, once you told me about the place that you went to on the bus I looked it up. There is one in downtown Chicago. So we may check it out sometime. If we do go, I'll let you know what it was like.

We just relaxed yesterday. Laid down for a few hours yesterday afternoon. Bill has thrown his back out once again. He iced it all day yesterday. He said he might make an appointment with the Dr to see what is going on.

Temps this week only in the 40's, and no rain until next Sunday.

Kathy

That's a good thing to see the dr, I'm sure Bill is tired of dealing with the back pain. A muscle relaxor might really help.

I turned off the water to the outside spigots today, been wanting to get that done for a while. Also took the screen off my dryer vent and cleaned ut out as far as I could reach. Guess all is ready outside now for winter.

Don't have anything scheduled for this week, just Wed meeting with the girls.

Heard its supposed to be cold but next week a little better. Hope it doesn't snow before I go to TN, or until I get back home.

Sharon

Sharon, lets hope for no snow. Have you seen what MN has gotten? They have really gotten clobbered with a lot of snow. So it is good that you have all of the outside stuff all closed up. Bill has to do a few things yet. As he has been laid up with his back issues.

It does get cold at night now. I see that Friday will be the coldest day of this week. But just like you said next week it will warm up once again.

You must be getting excited getting ready for your trip to TN. When exactly are you leaving?

Tomorrow night we will go out to the theater guild meeting together. It is always the second Wednesday of each month. Otherwise I cannot think of anything else we are doing this week.

Kathy