***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Had a rare lunch at Panera with my hubby today. Then bought gas for the mowers and now off to cut some more grass. Later will meet the girls and do a little talking and dancing.

Its a beautiful day, just about perfect temps in the 70's and a light wind. Can't get much better than today.

Hi Kim, I am about to try yoga. Was going to wait and try it on the cruise next month. Took the plunge and just ordered a mat and dvd kit.

Wai Lana Easy Yoga Kit with DVDs by Wai Lana

from amazon

It should be here Friday. With my health situation it's hard to do any exercise or keep a schedule. Gonna try it and see how it goes.

I have tried yoga a couple of different times, the last time was on the beach two weeks ago. First off, its hard to balance standing on your beach towel in the sand, second she was always looking the other way when she was giving instructions so I couldn't hear her and had to just copy the other gals, and third I'm just not limber enough to do it. Some people love it though, maybe you will be one.

I did the water aerobics this morning, as usual a very good work out with the water weights and noodles. Felt good to get back into doing something.

Got the portable oxygen concentrator ordered the other day, now just hoping it gets here before we have to leave for the wedding. Wanted and need to take it with.

Kathy did you have your bocce game last night, who one? It got quite cool here last night had to wear a sweater to be outside. We didn't do any dancing last night, they had a pool league going on and the dance floor is too close to the pool tables. It was ok though, just as soon catch up on the news with everyone once in a while.

By the way my name is Sharon

Sharon, we won in bocce last night. The weather the past few days and nights have been very nice with low humidity and cool temps at night. We have not had any rain around here since the beginning of the week. So just like my one week gain and 1 week loss with my weight. We are doing the same in bocce.

Everyone, we play bocce on Wednesday night in this league we are in. This is the big thing that I do for the summer.

Welcome Kim. Wow 60 night cruise. I do not think I have ever heard a pre wedding honeymoon cruise. I am sure you will have a great time. So yes, I will be definitely asking you question's about nutrition and about your expertise in your field.

Michele, your cruise is next month followed by Kim's the following month. We have to wait until April. It is not all that far off now. But we had book our's well over a year ago and when we had booked it, the cruise was way off in a distance. It is hard to get excited when a cruise is way over a year away.

Karen, how is your workout going. I am with Sharon, when she says it is easier doing organized workouts. But I am nor doing any workout at all, so I shouldn't even talk. I am trying to get together with my friend who I was walking with last year, to get is started up once again this year. Before the summer passes us all by.

I hope everyone is enjoy their day today.

Kathy

Hey Sharon, I wanted to try water aerobics but the pool that offers it was 45 min away.

I downloaded some water exercises to try and do my own at my sisters pool - but I was too tired to drive home. Figured I was doing something wrong. Probably need to break down and try it as well.

Had a call yesterday afternoon from the mohs surgeon, they had a cancellation today so I took it. Even though they numb it, which is painful to start, it is very stressful feeling the pressure and pulling. Luckily he got ii all the first time so just had to wait for the plastic surgeon . It was a large spot, about the size of a dime right below my lip almost in the crease. He decided to move the crease over a bit and hide the scar there. That meant also putting stitches inside my mouth and some in my lip. Of course it swelled up which pulled the stitches tighter. I can feel my heart pounding in it and can barely open my mouth. Very painful so I took two of the pain pills and I think they have started to kick in. Not going to be ding or eating much for a while.

Sharon, I am glad you were able to get in much earlier to have the work done. But I am sorry to hear that you will be in so much pain and discomfort for awhile. But at least they were successful in getting it all removed. You will be tired and not doing too much for awhile.

We woke up this morning to heavy rain, thunder and lighting. You know things are bad when they cancel the Taste Of Chicago for today.

Once again I hope you recover quickly, and are feeling better soon. Rest and take it easy over the weekend.

Kathy

Took pain pills every 4 hrs last night but woke up about 6am with a terrific headache. Thought my head was going to explode. I stopped taking the pain pills and went with generic excedrin. That seemed to help, so no more pain pills for me!

Bill woke up sick also so we are quite the pair. He has been sleeping off and on all day and I am not able to open my mouth to talk or eat. I was able to drink on one side of my mouth some chicken broth.

Hoping we will both feel better tomorrow.

We were supposed to get rain this afternoon but so far nothing. I did hear about tge taste shutting down.

Michele hope your biopsy was negative but I bet it did hurt!

Sharon, I cannot take those pain pills either, they make me dizzy. So hopefully the generic will work much better for you. It really came down hard here late last night around 11:30. We are connected to this warning system where they alert you over the phone system as well through e-mail.

Michele, any news on you biopsy? But is sounds like it may have been a very long time ago.

Kathy

Wow, 10 lbs in 7 days! I have lost 5 only because I can't get my mouth open enough to eat anything but liquids. I go back to the dr this afternoon, he's supposed to take the stitches out but the ones over and inside my lip do not look good, thats going to hurt.

Kathy how is work going, your boss been around lately?

Just saw on FB that now NCL is going to go smoke free too like so many other lines are. Did I tell you that my hubby stopped smoking about a month ago? When I finally gave up, he decided that he could breathe better when he didn't smoke. Now he has to get signed up for a pulmonary therapy class. Hopefully next week.

We are supposed to go to a wedding in Brainard Mn, leaving Thursday but I don't think we are going, I am not that good with my face and he is not feeling good just in general.

Sharon, I hope the Dr can take out some stitches and help you to feel much better. I am so sorry that you are in so much pain and discomfort just now. This is not the way any of wants to loose weight.

Michele, that is really something to loose 10 pounds in 7 days. Everything seems to be working just great for you. I lost .8 at weigh-in last night. So mine is coming off very slowly but little by little I am getting there. If only I can keep it going.

Sharon, you did mention about the wedding after you came back from your trip. But if you are still feeling the way you are I agree that I would not want to go either. Especially if both of you are not feeling very well. That is great, that Bill has decided to stop smoking on his own. After all that you have done to make him stop, now he has done it on his own. I did hear that about NCL. They have been advertising a lot lately.

My jerk boss treats us like we are kids. He says he is on his way in and then never shows up. It is a game that he likes to play.

Kathy

I got the outside stitches taken out but all the ones in my lip and cheek are supposed to disolve in about 2 weeks. Sure hate to have to put up with them that long,, still can't open my mouth all the way.

we got the portable oxygen concentrator today,, very light weight. So still talking about the wedding trip, looked it up and saw it was about 450 miles, others had said it was 800 so that is alot better. Will decide for sure and let pet sitter know,

I kind of like this weather, like fall almost. We evvn had a couple of rain showers this afternoon.

Good day when the jerk doesn't come in even if you are expecting him to.

Michele seems you have found a way of eating that works for you, how much do you want to lose?

Sharon, it sounds like you have a few more weeks of discomfort. I hope that your discomfort gradually improves so you will not be in so much discomfort. Especially having dissolving stitches inside of your mouth.

Yes, this weather is and has been real nice and cool. Saves on the AC. No rain in the forecast for the next few days around here. So it almost sounds like you are considering going to the wedding tomorrow?

It is nice when the jerk is not around, however he calls like he is on the way in and does not show up until 5 or 5:15 and expects me to do everything for him. I leave at 5:30, telling him if he wants things to get finished then show up a lot earlier the next time. He never does though.

Michele, I know that things have not been easy for you, but it does sound like you have found a way to get it off. I give you a lot of credit. Can you tell us more on how you do the cheat meals?

Kathy

Edited by mstrc1

I just eat what I want 3 or 4 meals a week which is like 20% of my week in meals. 7 days x 3 meals a day. So 80 % of the time I am low carb/smart carb.

Like breakfast is bacon and eggs and grapefruit

lunch is a salad, meat and grapefruit

dinner is meat, non starch veggies and grapefruit

If I am hungry then another meal with grapefruit.

If I have the cheat meal then I just eat it with a grapefruit.....The off diet "meal" seems to be working better for my brain than a "cheat day". Cause in the past my days turned to 2 days off - then 3, or sometimes a lot longer.

This cheat meal seems to be processing better in my brain. My brain is my problem. I want to eat the house down the cheat day but a meal - I eat it and get back to my way of life eating.

Edited by tbbtravels

Hey there!

How cool to see this thread going strong. I've been working on detoxing, stretching and strengthening, and getting healthier when I thought of this place.

Just checking in to take advantage of the amazing support here.

Sandy

Sandy, correct me if I am wrong, but I was once told that you were the original person who started this thread? Now that one you had started got taken down because of too many posts or from being around for so long. CC had determined that this was one of the problems why their site was crashing. So they archived many sites. So I started it back up once again to keep it alive and since then mostly myself and Sharon have been keeping things rolling. Now in the past few weeks, we have gotten some new members to join us now.

Michele, your diet sounds interesting and the way you have described it does make sense to me. So I will have to give it a try to see if I am strong enough will power wise to make it work for me.

Sharon, are you leaving today for the wedding? If so have a safe and good time away.

Kathy

We did leave this morning about 9am and got to MN about 5:30. So we made good time except for going around Minneapolis. I think its like Chicago and busy no matter what time you are there.

Bills 2grandsons, who are brothers to the one getting married, and his daughter and her daughter are all here and staying at the same hotel, the Baymont Inn and Siutes. His other daughter and family will be here tomorrow afternoon. We have the rehersal dinner tomorrow night and the wedding on Sat and the breakfast on sunday before we head for home. Lots of eating I am going to miss! I have now lost, between the last dose of antibiotics and these stitches in my mouth 12 pounds.

That diet sounds pretty good, I think I could do it if and when I can ever eat normal again.

Hi Sandy good to hear from you!

Hi Kathy,

Yup! That's me! I'm so thrilled that you kept this going, and I'm even more thrilled to be back as a member and not the leader. :-) How many times has this thread rolled over and how many different leaders took over? How many original members are left? How many people can't tell the difference between a leader and a member? :-)

I'm just so appreciative of those who kept things going. I got side-tracked by a doctorate (half-way through) busy work schedule, and being a moderator of a Disney site.

BTW, I've fund the most fantastic book to supplement getting back into shape. It's called "The MELT Method" I've been using this daily to try and rid my body of toxins.

Edited by Sandycruise

Sharon, I am glad that you were able to get away for the wedding this weekend. Losing the weight you are from not being able to eat properly, is not the way any of us wants to loose the weight. I hope you can enjoy yourself without being in too much discomfort.

I agree Michele, your diet does sound very good. I am going to have to attempt to try it over this weekend.

Sandy, I have a cousin that has tried to detoxify my body with diet pills and I was not at all interested in doing, that program at all. However I am going to have to look up your book and check in out. It sounds like a good system as well.

Well since you had started the original thread, it went until CC had taken it down along with many other old and long running sites. So they called it archiving the threads. I guess we all can pull them back up through the achieves.

So from the original thread that you had started, the only members still active have been myself and Sharon. Now Dianne from the bay area, I am sure you remember, drops in once in awhile. Otherwise there was the lady form Florida who was one of your friends who was the leader of the old thread for awhile. I cannot remember her name, but I am sure you do.

Then there was just a bunch of us who would come and go. A bunch of them even got together some years back. Sharon would know more then me as a bunch went to face book and then to a separate page called something else and some issues had cropped up from the old site.

So one day we were all on and the next day it was all gone. I did not to know how to get back to everyone so I came up with starting a new thread with the same old theme, and Sharon and I have been on ever since. Now in the past month we have had a few new member join us as well, to keep things alive.

Kathy