Roll call spirit nov. 5 barbados to fll

itzfitz2

Any one else joining us for this cruise? We were going with friends and they had to cancel due to this darned economy!!!!:( How can you tell how full or not the ship is to date?

Any one else joining us for this cruise? We were going with friends and they had to cancel due to this darned economy!!!!:( How can you tell how full or not the ship is to date?

There is lots of cabins available

Miss Lynn and I will be aboard. We board in Lisbon for the 24 day cruise to FLL. Best way to get stateroom availability is to ask your TA to check with SS. I would bet that the Barbados-FLL cruise will have @ 400 pax.

• 2 weeks later...
Just booked this cruise today, first time on the Spirit. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Joe from Chicago

I can notice from your history of cruises that you began cruising on Princess and have then tried Holland, SS, RC, Seabourn and more. Can you speak to going on a large ship with many passengers and then a small ship like the Cloud. Whatdid you like about the large ships and what did you personally like about the small? We have only done small--and will join you from Lisbon on the bigger SS ship--the Spirit in October, realizing that in the big picture it is a smaller ship. We are curious and look forward to the trans-Atlantic adventure.

It seems strange to me to hear the Spirit being referred to as a 'larger' ship! This will be our smallest yet. We have cruised about 20 times, starting in 1990 with RCCL. Our most recent cruise in February was on the Azamara Quest, our favourite line yet. I much prefer small ships. However we do have one cruise booked for next summer on a larger ship with our children and grandchildren as it has better facilities for young children. Horses for courses as they say!

I am really looking forward to this Silverseas cruise as I have heard so many food reports.

We started out with Princess and Holland when our kids were younger. We would take spring break with them on the ships and they always had a great time. As the kids got older and for some reason didn't want to hang out with us during spring break, our friends told us about Silversea. We tried Silversea, Regent and Seabourn and really like the small groups of passengers. The ability to make new friends seems much easier on the smaller ships as you are always running into the same people. I also like the interaction with the crew.

We have some friends meeting us on this cruise and are always looking for trivia team members.

Joe

Archived