Hell and other things

fraz0132

I am cruising on the Carnival Elation in a few weeks and was wondering how far "Hell" is from the port? Anything else I must see or buy or eat while I am there? Please do not suggest sting rays. Been there, done that :) Thanks so much

I am cruising on the Carnival Elation in a few weeks and was wondering how far "Hell" is from the port? Anything else I must see or buy or eat while I am there? Please do not suggest sting rays. Been there, done that :) Thanks so much

Go to Hell. I mean, well, you know what I mean. :rolleyes: Sorry, I just couldn't resist it. Hell was an interesting spot I must say. I honestly cannot remember how far it was, but we took a bus tour (9 years ago) and it wasn't far It is pretty much a photo stop though and then carry on from there. I really enjoyed the snorkeling there too as the water was calm. I didn't see stingrays, but went and saw the turtles which were kind of stinky. Some cute shops to wander around. Rum and/or rum cake sounds good! Sigh. I wish I could go somewhere warm right now. :cool:

Enjoy your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

We weren't impressed with "hell" at all. Takes all of 5 minutes to look at and the shop now is just t-shirts and such. Years ago the shop at least had some interesting hot sauces and food items.

If you like rum cake or think you might - go to the rum cake factory. It's pretty much just a shop full of cakes and alcohol but every variety you can imagine. I usually don't like cakes with alcohol in them but love the rum cakes from Grand Cayman.

Other than that, we enjoyed eating, shopping, and have a few drinks in town. We also liked the Atlantis Submarine. It's expensive but we enjoyed it.

We rented a Jeep and drove around the island. I seem to remember it was about a 10-15 minute drive from Georgetown. Hell is really nothing more than a coral formation with a gift shop in front of it, but of course you have to mail your friends a post card from Hell that is postmarked Hell. Enjoy your trip!

• 2 weeks later...

We took an excursion to Hell back in 2005 and had a good time, although as you have already read in other replies it will not take long to see it all. If you go don't forget to buy the t-shirt that says "I've been to Hell and back." It will make for some fun conversations back home. Also, the post office, gift shop, as well as scenery are all together. The guy running the place even dresses as the Devil. :eek:

devil.jpg

giftshop.jpg

hell.JPG

roadsign.jpg

As other posters have said, Hell isn't much more than a photo stop, but it's one of those places that everyone goes to when they visit Grand Cayman. We had fun sending a postcard from HELL to my husband's uncle. He's a priest!

It's true that Hell is just a photo op and shop, but it was fun to send post cards to your friends and family from Hell. They also stamped our passport. It says Hell and has a devil on it.

The first time we went there we didn't know they would stamp passports and didn't have ours with us. We went there a second time just to send a few more cards and to get the all important passport stamp from Hell.:D

Archived