SPb-tours - who was your guide?

Infi

We used SPB tours for a private tour in June, 2011. We had Natalia for our guide and I would NOT recommend her! She was not flexible, did not understand english very well and could not answer any questions that we asked. We had a private tour with just our family and did not get our money's worth. We did have Sasha for our guide on the night time canal cruise and he was very good.

Based on our experience with SPB--I would not recommend them.

We used SPB tours for a private tour in June, 2011. We had Natalia for our guide and I would NOT recommend her! She was not flexible, did not understand english very well and could not answer any questions that we asked. We had a private tour with just our family and did not get our money's worth. We did have Sasha for our guide on the night time canal cruise and he was very good.

Based on our experience with SPB--I would not recommend them.

AS I expressed in response to your identical comment on another thread, I am sorry you did not enjoy your tour with Natasha. Did you express your disappointment and concern with Viktoria? If you have not, I would recommend that you do so. Though that won't change your experience, it will give SPB valuable feedback, and she will be sensitive to your concerns, I am certain based on my dealings with her. SPB has been very responsive in my experience. Given the overwhelming positive experiences others have had with SPB, including eight groups on our sailing in June, it sounds as if you had a bad experience with one guide, not a problem with SPB in general.

Again, sorry you weren't pleased with your guide. Please let Viktoria know.

Just back..our group of 7 had Irina as our guide with Igor as our driver..both 10's. Irina knew so much about the history of everything and could answer all of our questions..she also adapted things we wanted to do on the spur of the moment. Irina also got us in everywhere without ever waiting in a line! Loved SPB tours and irina was excellent. Both she and Igor spoke excellent English..Igor even spends some time in the US each year. I think most of the guides must be very good or Viktoria would not use them. We were all VERY pleased with our 3 day tour with SPB..Sherry & Kimber

We had Elena Skidan as our guide this May and she was excellent. Full of knowledge and she was able to get us through the lines quickly. Hardly had to wait to get into attractions at all. There were 20 of us and she kept everyone together. We had headsets so we didn't have to stick close to her in order to hear what she was saying. She is a veteran as a tour guide and I would recommend her highly. Enjoy your time in St. Petersburg!

• 2 weeks later...

We used SPB July 2011 for two days. We were there on the Eurodam. Our guide Maria is not listed on their webpage but was very good. Excellent English, young and enthusiastic and knowledgeable, especially on the art and history. Our small group of 5 was happy. Her driver did a great job picking us up right outside each sight.

I see there are several Marias listed as guides for SPB, so here is her picture:

IMG_2870-1.JPG

WE certainly got a good value for the spb-tours. However, our guide was not the best. Although flexible she spoke to fast. We had issues also with the amount of steps in the subway. We told Victoria at the end of the first day when we paid. Our canal quide was a young man who was funny and easily understood. Do you think the vodka on the tour had an affect?

Archived