Sheraton Cable Beach Hotel question for scubagirrl

stefanny28

Hi there;

We are considering a package of 7 days (flight and hotel) for the Sheraton Hotel.

My concern is is there any restaurant not too far from the hotel where we can eat the whole week without having to take the taxi.

We are planning to take our breakfast at the hotel but where should we go for the rest of the meals?

Besides going to the straw market and Atlantis, is there any other not be missed excursion?

We have been in Nassau many times but always only for a day. This time we would like to stay a whole week but will the cost of food be very high?

Thanks

Hi there;

We are considering a package of 7 days (flight and hotel) for the Sheraton Hotel.

My concern is is there any restaurant not too far from the hotel where we can eat the whole week without having to take the taxi.

We are planning to take our breakfast at the hotel but where should we go for the rest of the meals?

Besides going to the straw market and Atlantis, is there any other not be missed excursion?

We have been in Nassau many times but always only for a day. This time we would like to stay a whole week but will the cost of food be very high?

Thanks

Although there are really no outside restaurants closeby, there are within a short walking distance (10 -12 minutes or so)..Capriccio, Thai Lotus, Indigos, and some small local spots.

Taxi's are really not that pricey - at least I don't think so.. but I may be used to it. Maybe do an early dinner via jitney and only pay for the return cab.

The Fish Fry at Arawak Cay is a village of local restaurants. Grab a jitney before 6:30pm, then a cab back.

Also, There are restaurants at the wynhham next door, as well as one out in front of Breezes, about 2 blocks away.

To keep cost down, look for tours that include lunch, or lunch downtown near the wharf. Restaurant lunches run from cheap to high.. but there is Imperial Takeaway, Cafe Skans etc that are very cheap.

Olives, Iguanas etc mid range.. and you can always check out the "lunch ladies" who sell lunch from their trunks.. either downtown near the wharf or in the parking lot across from the hotel. Authentic meals..for under $10.. sides for $1 or so..

Also.. domino's delivers, as do some other locals spots.

As for excursions.. depends on what you are looking for. Personally, I'd skip the Atlantis, and look at:

www.dolphinencounters.com

www.powerboatadventures.com

www.seahorseadventures.com

www.flyingcloud.info

www.sandytoesroseisland.com

www.stuartcove.com

Thanks scubagirrl.

You have been so helpful.

We have not decided yet between the Sheraton and the British Colonial. Which one will you suggest in term of beach, shopping proximity and affordable restaurants?

Also, DD wants to stay at Atlantis (Beach Tower) vs Comfort Suites Paradise Island.

Is it worth all that extra money?

Thanks scubagirrl.

You have been so helpful.

We have not decided yet between the Sheraton and the British Colonial. Which one will you suggest in term of beach, shopping proximity and affordable restaurants?

Also, DD wants to stay at Atlantis (Beach Tower) vs Comfort Suites Paradise Island.

Is it worth all that extra money?

The Beach towers were built more that 30 years ago and was on the property when Kerzner bought and built Atlantis. The rooms are closer to Motel 6 than hyatt. Besides being old and worn out, the beach tower is the furthest from all the action, and doesn't even have it's own check in desk. The Coral Towers are also 30 plus years old.

These towers were the old brittania towers and Lowes' Resorts and later became part of Merv Griffin's Resorts International.

Only the Royal towers were built as Atlantis (that's the one you see in all the add. The beach and coral towers look like old holiday inns.

Cove and Reef were added just a few years ago. They are the only newer rooms.

I'd opt for Comfort Suites.

Thanks.

I'll keep you posted as July comes close.

We were planning to come around July 27th.

I am just waiting to see if there will be a drop in the flight and hotel package at the Sheraton.

Thanks again.

Archived