FYI - Carnival Refunds

When u book a cruise they charge immediately; however if u cancel they can take up to 10 days to credit your card....interesting isn't it.

Ten days is actually very good. Some businesses will tell you that it could take up to two credit card cycles for you to see your refund.

It's not Carnival's fault... generally, like with ANY business, it always takes longer for a credit than a charge to go through. I agree, 10 days is phenomenal!!! I am used to seeing it take much longer with most companies...

We've cancelled two of the cabins (out of ten) that we have paid for...we've been waiting for two weeks now...still nothing...I'm more then a tad upset...and I hate being upset with Carnival...kind of a contradiction in terms....:(

We've cancelled two of the cabins (out of ten) that we have paid for...we've been waiting for two weeks now...still nothing...I'm more then a tad upset...and I hate being upset with Carnival...kind of a contradiction in terms....:(

Well, when they called ME up to see I would be interested in booking, they state you can change or cancel by a certain date without penalties. The day I booked was when they charged me and that's always been the case with all cruiselines. I just can't believe that hold on to the money for that long after you cancel. My bank said that they have nothing showing there is even a credit sitting out there. IT'S just the principal of it. Thank goodness it's really not a finiancial need to have it credited back immediately. IT just seems unfair to the consumer...

Don't be so quick to blame it on carnival-sometimes those pesky little credit card companies will hold the credit-escpecially if close to a billing cycle.

Last year I booked some Las Vegas show tickets and realized when I hit the send button I had booked the wrong day. I called reservations and they were able to change the date but the lady told me that I would see the original charge then a credit and a new charge-well 3 days later I saw 2 charges and no credit-then 7 days later the same thing-so I called the same lady (she was so nice and had given me her ext #) and asked about it-she said it happens all the time and faxed me a copy of where she had ran the credit at the same time as the new charge. I always pay my credit card balance in full when I get the statement so I guess the credit card company didn't get the results they were hoping for-a few extra pennies in interest charges.

I wish they would post credits quickly! I am due a 50% refund from Carnival for my Ecstasy cruise to nowhere and I want to book another now only I have to wait for the credit because that is the only cc I can put it on. EEK! I am going to loose the good rate and it is less than 2 months away or I would put the deposit down but they need all now. We were told it would take up to 2 weeks and it has only been 1. Hurry!

I Used To Work For A Credit Card Company, My Hubbie Still Does. It Can Take Up To 30 Days For The Credit To Appear On Your Statement. Most Times It Doesn't. Has To Go Back Thru The Merchants Bank, Yadda Yadda Yadda.... If You Pay Your Balance In Full Each Month And You Include That Charge, You'll Just End Up With A Credit Balance, Good Towards Your Next Purchases Or You Can Request A Refund Check.... Of Course That Can Take Time Too.... Darn Credit Cards...lol.

Archived