HMC- will it be cancel forever?

CRUISING71

bait and switch on the HMC itineraries. :cool: Hmmmm....kind of like holding off on the much anticipated roll out of 2012 itineraries to creat more buzz and pawning it off on an "IT glitch", going on 2 weeks later? s-h-a-d-y and it's getting really old. :cool: now the question is, how many of us are willing to take vacation dollars elsewhere in protest of crappy business ethics?[/quote]

I think you may see alot ....

I do not think it is questional bus ethics just a series of screwups.

I do not think it is questional bus ethics just a series of screwups.

I respectfully disagree with this. Carnival is too big for on going mistakes to be an excuse.

I have only sailed Carnival once and have one scheduled so I don't have much invested in them and will be taking my cruising dollars else where in the future. Shame, because I enjoy the cruise itself but don't like doing business with people this disorganized.

Port changes & cancellations happen on other lines as well. On the Celebrity transatlantic I have booked, the ports have changed twice so far, and the cruise is still nearly a year away. First cherbourg was changed to very short port stop in brest France, then brest was cancelled as well as lisbon, but we get 13 hours in Cork Ireland instead. I'm happy as a clam about stopping in Ireland but many on roll call are very disappointed.

If there is one thing I have learned cruising it's never book a cruise because you want to go to a specific port....there are too many variables that could make you miss said port and "ruin" a vacation. Remember that mother nature does not care about if you do or dont make port at a scheduled destination.

so true!

how many of us are willing to take vacation dollars elsewhere in protest of crappy business ethics?
Protest away, Carnival won't even notice. If you haven't figured itt out by now, repeat business and loyalty rewards are not a significant factor in Carnival's business plan.

Protest away, Carnival won't even notice. If you haven't figured itt out by now, repeat business and loyalty rewards are not a significant factor in Carnival's business plan.

I don't expect they will notice. I was just curious who else was considering jumping ship for their own peace of mind in giving their business to a company who can grasp the concept of living up to the deadlines and expectations they themselves set.

Archived