Dolphinarus Pricing & Advice

Headtke's Wife

We are going on the RC Oasis of the Seas in September. We are hoping to swim with the Dolphins while in Cozumel (swim with not just pet the dolphin). Any advice or thoughts on places you went would be great.

-Did you book it on your own, and was it easy/less expensive than through the Ship?

-How much are the pics/videos at the end?

-Is there somewhere better than Dolphinarus?

-Are any of the places easy to get to from the Ship?

-How was the experience?

We are going on the RC Oasis of the Seas in September. We are hoping to swim with the Dolphins while in Cozumel (swim with not just pet the dolphin). Any advice or thoughts on places you went would be great.

-Did you book it on your own' date=' and was it easy/less expensive than through the Ship?

-How much are the pics/videos at the end?

-Is there somewhere better than Dolphinarus?

-Are any of the places easy to get to from the Ship?

-How was the experience?[/quote']

I did Dolphinarus through Carnival Conquest last month. Since we were docked out from the city, it was easier because transportation was provided. I didn't check what it was to book through the company. I think it was $120/person for dolphin swim and lunch.

I was very pleased with Dolphinarus. It was well organized and well run. Considering how many people they must run through their each day, I didn't feel rushed at all. There was a bit of hurry up and wait initially, getting life jackets and such. Our group had about a dozen people; everyone got to dance, kiss, hug and swim, plus the trainer gave some really good information.

The pictures are good, but expensive. I think you can get the whole CD for $69. That gives you every picture of everyone in your group, which is great if you know everyone, not so much so otherwise! There was no real sales pressure at the end. You will not be able to take your own camera.

It was probably the most expensive excursion we booked, but priceless to see my 74 and 76 year old sisters riding the dolphin!My husband and I will probably be doing it again on the next cruise.

I did this excursion in January and can't say enough about it! The dolphins were awesome!!!

I agree, the "pre" stuff was a little disorganized and it took a long time for our cab to come to give us a ride back but all and all it was a fantastic day.

Once we got in the water, the trainer was great and everyone was given lots of opportunity to interact with the dolphins. It was fantastic.

Yes, the pictures and DVD are expensive but...really...how many times am I gong to ever do this?!? Worth every cent!

i am going end of june /july. i booked at chankanaab park directly with dolphin discovery.if you book early you get 20% off and after the dolphin experience you get 15 min with manatees. we are swimming, getting a ride and then getting pushed into the air by 2 dolphins. we are then going to stay at the park to swim and snorkle, the park entrance fee is included in the dolphin price.

Archived