Star Princess

Bobed1927

I just completed a cruise on the Caribbean Princess and found the ship to be a little too large for me because of my limited mobility. We're now looking at a cruise on the Star Princess and I'm wondering if it's the same size as the Caribbean Princess.

I just completed a cruise on the Caribbean Princess and found the ship to be a little too large for me because of my limited mobility. We're now looking at a cruise on the Star Princess and I'm wondering if it's the same size as the Caribbean Princess.

Star is somewhat (but not significantly smaller) at 2590 passengers. Length of ship is 950 feet and gross tonnage is 109,000.

Caribbean holds 3080 passengers on 952 feet and 113,000 gross tons.

The Star Princess has one less deck of cabins (Riviera) which is why there are less passengers. Another big difference that I recall is that M.U.T.S is over the Neptune's Reef pool. We've been on both ships in the past 3 years. They were both great, but we enjoyed the Star a little more. Probably because we were chaperoning teenagers on the Caribbean Princess.:eek:

You will find the Star basically the same size as the Caribbean. Thinking smaller, you might look at the Coral/Island, or the baby ships; Ocean and Pacific.

You will find the Star basically the same size as the Caribbean. Thinking smaller, you might look at the Coral/Island, or the baby ships; Ocean and Pacific.
The Coral/Island are technically smaller because their gross tonnage is 92,000. In fact, they are 14 feet longer at 965 feet. They are narrower with a beam of 106 feet versus a beam of 118 feet for most Grand class ships. With limited mobility you will have the same or greater distances to travel from the front to the back of the ship. The only significantly smaller Princess ships would be the Ocean and the Pacific.

The Coral/Island are technically smaller because their gross tonnage is 92,000. In fact, they are 14 feet longer at 965 feet. They are narrower with a beam of 106 feet versus a beam of 118 feet for most Grand class ships. With limited mobility you will have the same or greater distances to travel from the front to the back of the ship. The only significantly smaller Princess ships would be the Ocean and the Pacific.

Let's not forget the smaller Sun, Dawn, & Sea :):):)

Srpilo

Archived