Pre-cruise restaurant near Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale hotel?

JPCARDS

Looking for a recommendation for dinner the evening before our cruise. Staying at the Renaissance on SE 17th and looking for nice fun place to eat within walking distance, preferably seafood. I don't know Lauderdale at all and have read mixed reviews on places like Bimini Boatyard and Kelly's Landing. Any personal experience or locals recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm sure you will find mixed reviews on all restaurants. Bimini and Kelly's are the only seafood restaurants that I can think of within a reasonable walking distance. 15th St Fisheries would be close to a 2 mile walk unless there is a back way that I don't know of.

A fun place hardly ever mentioned here is Taza. It is about 2 blocks west of the hotel on the other side of 17th St. It's Mediterranean (I think it's Persian) and they have belly dancers. It opened about 2 yrs ago; they also own Ferdo's, which has been a very popular restaurant in north Fort Lauderdale for many years.

Also, there is a very good restaurant on 17th St at Eisenhower called Market 17. They have 1 or 2 fish dishes on the daily menu. If you are going with more people (4-8), I would suggest the dining in the dark experience available in a private room. Reservations are required well in advance and you will eat from a blind tasting menu in pitch blackness. It is $110 per person for 6 courses, which takes about 2.5 hrs. Wine pairings are also available. It's really fun.

We like to ride the trolley down to the beach area. Walk around a bit, then end up at the Bahia Cabana for supper. Coming from the cold north, a table outside is a must for us and the view of the boats and water gets us in a good pre-cruise mood.

It can be a bit of a scrum for a table as they don't seem to take reservations but we just hang out at the bar (frequented by locals) until we get one.

http://www.bahiacabanaresort.com/restaurant.htm

Food is good but not great but we go for the ambiance and usually get to enjoy the live music too.

We like to ride the trolley down to the beach area. Walk around a bit, then end up at the Bahia Cabana for supper. Coming from the cold north, a table outside is a must for us and the view of the boats and water gets us in a good pre-cruise mood.

It can be a bit of a scrum for a table as they don't seem to take reservations but we just hang out at the bar (frequented by locals) until we get one.

http://www.bahiacabanaresort.com/restaurant.htm

Food is good but not great but we go for the ambiance and usually get to enjoy the live music too.

That is exactly how we feel about the Bahia Cabana. Everytime we are in Ft Lauderdale we always make it a point to go there. We love sitting outside overlooking the water and it is a fun and lively place.

Archived