Taxi Fare Question

emen822

I'm not even sure if I'm going to take a taxi anywhere in the Bahamas, but if so, are you supposed to agree on a price per person before getting in the taxi? And does anyone know about taxis on other islands (I'm going to St. Martin and St. Thomas). I just thought of this today and I'm leaving this weekend! :D How much do you usually tip per person? Thanks in advance.

Here's a link to the union posted taxi fares. This should give you a good idea what you should be paying. Agree on your fare upfront BEFORE you enter the cab. Some Non-union taxis sometime like to get a little more. Don't go for it. Print this price list and bring it along. Tip the same as in the states.

http://www.bahamas-treasures.com/bahamas/Nassau_Taxi_Fares_2004.html

Right now, I planned to go to the BCH hotel during the day at the Bahamas. Do you think that's a good idea for kids (girls, ages 9 and 11). Or maybe you could suggest another beach. This is their first time on a cruise and to the Caribbean so they would probably just like someplace with soft sand and calm waters. Thanks for your help.

If you have a long day, I think the kids would prefer Cable Beach (Wyndham has a great pool slide), but the BCH would be fine if they are not bored with inactivity. It's a very quiet and small beach. Either place has calm water. (The beach at Nassau Beach Hotel, next to the wyndham is remarkable.)

If you want to see what the beach looks like Click here to see my pictures. The British Colonial Hilton ones are about 12 pictures into the "roll". It was an easy walk from the pier. They had some pails and shovels available to make sand castles with, too.

Next time I go, I'd like to try Cable Beach, if for no other reason for the comparison! But this was a nice easy day. There's also a McDonalds across the street which your kids might enjoy.

Hope you have a great time no matter what you choose!

Archived