New Ramp at Baltimore

boewok

Has anyone used a scooter to board since they started using the new ramp at Baltimore?

We will be sailing on Enchantment. Our last cruise on her, the ramp was very steep. I was using a wheelchair then but it took some pushing to get onboard (or off).

Just wondering if the new one is any better.

Barb

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I was under the impression that wheelchair users, and those with mobility problems did not use the ramp, but were able to take an elevator. Am I wrong about that?

My husband uses a power chair & never have use the ramp. they take us on deck level with lot & up in the elevator.

• 3 months later...

I've been on both the old ramp and the new one. With the old ramp, they let me bypass the ramp altogether and get on the ship at sea level. It was nice.

With the new ramp, they did not let me get on at sea level, but made me take the ramp in my scooter. I was really fried, because I thought it was going to take a lot of juice out of my scooter. (That ramp is really steep!)

To my surprise, the ramp isn't nearly as steep as it looks. My scooter navigated it without any trouble whatsoever. Life is sweet.

We just got off the Enchantment of the Seas yesterday and for embarkation and debarkation we were directed to level 1 and by passed the ramps. We also saled on 7/9/11 and at that time they didn't direct me to the by-pass for embarkation and I could not get up the ramp. I had to walk and the scooter be pushed as it was too steep. For debarkation on that cruise I got to use the by-pass deck 1.

Archived