Princess would not let me use FCC for waitlisted deposit

red4u2

Hi all,

i just place a hold on a waitlisted cabin (9 ahead of me on the list) for next year on the Golden to Alaska, i have never made a reservation for a waitlisted catagory before and i was told by Princess that i cannot use my FCC for the deposit on a booking that wasnt "Live". Even the agent was confused as to the reason why, But i placed the reservation and gave my credit card as a deposit and was assured by the agent if the cabin becomes available and i take it, that i will be able to switch my deposit and then use the FCC so i can get my OBC and they will refund the money on my credit card..

So can anyone tell me if this is the nornal process? i cant remember ever reading that here before.

Thank you all in advance!!

With a waitlist, you do not have an actual booking for them to attach the FCC to in their system, since you are not guaranteed a cabin. As soon as/if you clear the waitlist, the FCC should be a viable option for the deposit.

PRevious poster is correct. regarding the waitlist: what category are you booking, if you don't mind me asking? If you go up one or down one, you may not be waitlisted. Just a thought. You can always change categories later if what you're looking for comes available.

Everything said above agrees with our experience. The price will probably be more when your waitlisted number comes up. Sometimes it's easier and less expensive to pick a different cruise.

Have you looked into booking with one of the online TAs? Sometimes they have cabins that aren't showing on Princess.

Thank you for the replies- the cabin is for a Window Suite and the price was incredible, so thats why chose that catagory, i know that there are only 6-8 cabins on the Golden, so im hoping that maybe ill be offered a regular suite for that same price, one can hope!!

thank for your help!

It is EXCEEDINGLY uncommon for that to happen. The more likely scenario if the upper cabins are unsold will be to move people in the WS into the full suites and sell the waitlist cabins at a closer to sailing usually higher price.

Thank you for the replies- the cabin is for a Window Suite and the price was incredible, so thats why chose that catagory, i know that there are only 6-8 cabins on the Golden, so im hoping that maybe ill be offered a regular suite for that same price, one can hope!!

thank for your help!

It is EXCEEDINGLY uncommon for that to happen. The more likely scenario if the upper cabins are unsold will be to move people in the WS into the full suites and sell the waitlist cabins at a closer to sailing usually higher price.

that would great too! the price is great even for the WS, so we would be very very happy with what we are waitlisted for, thanks again!

Archived