What's the Deal with Hump/Bump Rooms?

I've heard a lot of mention on the boards about "hump" rooms on the Voyager class ships. I'm currently booked for a E2 balcony (non-hump - in the middle towards the library) on VOS, but I see that there is a "hump" room in the same category available for the same price.

According to the ship plan, the room in question is close to elevators and staircases and I would assume very noisy with people going by? Can anyone confirm this? Can anyone explain the advantages/disadvantages of a "hump" room?

We were in a JS on the hump,on the Explorer last year! We loved it...no noise at all, and very convenient to the stairs and elevator. We also found that our balcony was bigger then our friends that were also in a JS but not on the hump. We have a hump E2 on the Navigator this July. and our daughters are ina regular E2....we will see if there is any difference.

Ollie

I've heard a lot of mention on the boards about "hump" rooms on the Voyager class ships. I'm currently booked for a E2 balcony (non-hump - in the middle towards the library) on VOS, but I see that there is a "hump" room in the same category available for the same price.

According to the ship plan, the room in question is close to elevators and staircases and I would assume very noisy with people going by? Can anyone confirm this? Can anyone explain the advantages/disadvantages of a "hump" room?

We were on the Seranade the week of 1/29/05 in one of those hump rooms. It was fantastic since the balcony was twice the size we usually get. The only drawback was our cabin was directly above one of the lounges and we heard the base thumping music every so often.

Britchick -- Oh My God! STOP!!!

HELLO, Mr TxCrooser --

I hope you have a great cruise, but there are some people here on the board (like BRITCHICK) that have misinterpreted your message.

Could you please reassure her (us) that we do NOT need to move your message to the "adult forum".

LMAO!

hugs, sorry ... please don't bar me

sb

I would agree with Honey's Gal (previous poster). We had same cabin on Serenade. Great location--no noise at all. On the meg-ships the hump cabins are quiet unless you are on the deck just above the Promenade or an entertainment venue. In that case, you may hear music, etc. I always try to book a cabin that has cabins above and below me.

Archived