Balcony doors carnival freedom

NJEMT29

we has cabins on the spa deck rooms 1103,1105,1107 i was told these balcony doors can be opened my question is how to keep them from swaying when they are unlocked. any advise thanks.

these are not the cabin doors that go out to the balcony!!!

i want make my balcony longer "the length of three cabins"

We sailed in 1105 & 1107 on the Freedom last October. The good news is, these are AWESOME cabins. I would sail them again in a heartbeat.

The bad news is, you won't want to open the balcony doors. While technically they "can" open, there are two major problems:

1) They open by the door swinging out to the balcony rail and attaching to it with a giant metal clamp. Once the door is open, you've lost 1/2 of your view out to the water. It's very unsightly.

2) Most importantly, you would NOT have a clear pathway between cabins. When you are on the balconies of these cabins, there is nothing over your head but sky - no roof, no overhang, no nothing. Hidden behind those balcony doors are giant steel beams that run diagonally from where the wall connects to your cabin at the top, to where it connects with the balcony rail at the bottom. Picture a giant steel "X" behind the closed balcony door, except it's one-sided like a single slash: \

Here is a photo: see the seven balconies along the top with no overhang? Cabin #1107 is the one in the middle.

397.JPG

Once we saw the door open, we had the steward close it again. While you could climb (yes, climb) back and forth between the two balconies, it was semi-treacherous. Add in the loss of view, and it wasn't at all worth it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(

Aha, I knew I had a closer picture:

401.JPG

In this image you can see at the top of each balcony divider is a white steel brace... that brace/bar goes all the way down and attaches to the bottom of the balcony rail. These used to be ocean view "family staterooms" with floor-to-ceiling windows that sloped outward (which you can read about here) before being converted to balcony cabins.

So in the first photo posted by the OP, the balcony divider could swing toward the ship rather than out toward the balcony because there is a solid wall with just a window. On these particular Freedom cabins, the entire wall of the cabin is glass, with a sliding glass door to go out on the balcony. Floor-to-ceiling glass to look out on the water... it's fabulous. :)

Hope these overkill posts help answer your question. :o

hi thanks for the good info i have another question for you

does each "fram" balcony divider is their one door or two doors attached to the frame it looks as if their are 2 doors on each divider one one each side

thanks for your help

bob

Archived