My Time Dining Question

We were assigned My Time Dining when booking our Allure cruise because that was the only available choice remaining. We're not picky and since I figured we'd be trying a few of the specialty restaurants that would be fine. BUT we like to dine with other guests and meet new people. Is that an option for MTD or will we be seated at a table for two?

We were assigned My Time Dining when booking our Allure cruise because that was the only available choice remaining. We're not picky and since I figured we'd be trying a few of the specialty restaurants that would be fine. BUT we like to dine with other guests and meet new people. Is that an option for MTD or will we be seated at a table for two?

You will definately have a choice to either dine alone or join a larger table. In fact they prefer you to join a table with others. You will love MTD, we just tried it on our last cruise and will continue to do it on future cruises. Have a great trip!

Don't know if it's the same on every ship, but when we prebooked our times on line (you can, but don't have to do this) it asked if you preferred to dine alone or with others. On one cruise we scheduled "alone" every other night (one night was hubbys bd dinner, and two days later we wanted to scoot out quick to catch the football game, and not abandon table mates.) But, we found that after the first night alone, the staff just assumed we wanted the table for two and we were put there every night. We didn't speak up, because honestly, it was fine with us and we frankly loved our little table for two that overlooked the dining room below. (this was Navigator) We ended up socializing quite a bit in the bars and at the ball game on that cruise, so we didn't miss out on the companions. But be aware that mentioning it, even if you pre book, may be needed.

I think you will enjoy the flexibility!

We enjoy the flexibility of MTD. Sometimes we would make a reservation for the two of us. On other times, we would just show up and ask to be seated with others.

We also liked being able to eat when we wanted, especially after a long day in port.

Woody

Archived