Car Rental in Cannes

nycatty35

I googled car rentals in Cannes, went to the different sites and then compared prices. I ended up with a car from Sixt Car Rental for $62E for my upcoming cruise. Most of the rentals are a good 20 min walk from the tender pier.

There are several rental car companies with offices in town within walking distance of the port. We normally use Europcar since they have favorable hours and are usually open on Sundays. The walk does take about 20 min from the tender pier but it is a nice walk through some of the best parts of Cannes. For those who cannot walk the distance the only alternative is to find a taxi to get you to the agency, but this can be difficult from the tender pier area since there are few taxis and most want long hauls. My advice is to walk towards town (along the Marina) and when you come to the end of the Marina you will see some Cafes across the street. There are normally some taxis in that area since the drivers are usually having coffee in the morning (they could care less that there is a ship in the harbor).

Hank

Hank

Can you tell me where the tender pier is exactly in Cannes ?

Trying to figure out where we have to go to from the tender pier before we book the car rental.. Thanks

Srpilo

Thats ok now Hank, I found the tender pier :)

Srpilo

Sorry to have ignored the question but we just got off of the Prinsendam today after a 41 day cruise. We are still in Europe (Brugge) but finally have decent free internet. As the last post says, the tender pier is indeed at the Quai Laubaeuf. If you look at a map of the city you will see that this is part of the old port and is adjacent to a parking lot and marina (doing this post from memory since all my maps are at home).

Hank

Thank you for the kind words. Internet on the Prinsendam was bad to awful (and expensive) so we were effectively muzzled (some would say this is a good thing) for 6 weeks. Our cruise was near perfect and gives us more info that we can eventually share on the boards.

Hank

Archived