Colosseum Tickets online question

ixmnrs

When purchasing Colosseum tickets online, there is a discounted fare for EU -18 +65. Does anyone know if that means that ONLY EU passport holders that fall in those age groups qualify or do all seniors and children?

I tried purchasing Colosseum tickets today. First with a VISA, then next with a MasterCard. Neither one went through. I don't have any problems buying items on any other site! Has anyone had the same problem?

You may want to contact your credit card company.

When I purchased my colosseum underground/3rd level tour last week I got a message on my machine from my credit card company to call them immediately because they had detected potential fraudulent activity with my card. I called them and it was the colosseum tickets and they were holding the purchase until I confirmed it. I did and they put it through.

I knew that when traveling I needed to let them know the dates and locations I would be gone but it did not occur to me that I needed to let them know ahead of time of any overseas purchases.

My cc was Capital and I have always been pleased. This is the first time this has happened where they held the purchase until confirmation.

Discounts only good for EU citizens.

Thanks for the confirmation, that's what I thought...too late to get the EU passports before the trip though. I wonder if identity cards will work?

Archived