Engagement photos

So a friend of ours is a photographer and is giving us a completely free shoot with images and retouching. (I have pretty awesome friends)

But I don't know what kinds of images I want. Did any of you do these photos and if you have some fun, different or neat looking photos would you share them please?

He's given me lots to look at so I have lots to choose from but I wanted to see more.

Thanks!

We did this (but late) and it was REALLY fun! It was after the engagement, but I wanted to include recent pics of us to all the fam in the invitations, especially for the people out of town or who we haven't seen in a while.

Awwww I love them!!!! Thanks! You guys look so in love!!!

We're getting married in 23 days but our friend offered so we decided to do it! We weren't going to but now that we are, I'm already thinking of coordinating outfits and poses lol. My friend has some awesome ideas but I can only spend so much time looking thru images before I feel like they're all 1 giant image!!! lol

Locations available make a difference too as to what type of photos can be taken. My best friend didn't want to do the 'Trash the Dress' photos so they did a version of it for engagement pictures. They turned out so incredible. But... if you don't have a beach location or something like that this really isn't an option.

I know there are some nice ones next to trees where they digitally put your initials in a heart. Can seem kind of young but done right they come out nice and playful.

if you do have a beach, the writing in the sand..

given an idea on your location I can come up with some things

EDIT: I looked at your location in your profile.

I really like the beach shots, with the sand and the trash the dress idea (make these your last shots in these clothes LOL)

I have seen so many cool, inspired pics, everything from old style carnival, vintage 50's soda shop and one of my very fav's an Alice in Wonderland inspired picnic, it was so very cool! For mine I am leaning toward a coastal sailboat or sunflower field theme. You can be as laid back or themed as you want, it seems anything goes in e-photos!!!:)

Locations available make a difference too as to what type of photos can be taken. My best friend didn't want to do the 'Trash the Dress' photos so they did a version of it for engagement pictures. They turned out so incredible. But... if you don't have a beach location or something like that this really isn't an option.

I know there are some nice ones next to trees where they digitally put your initials in a heart. Can seem kind of young but done right they come out nice and playful.

if you do have a beach, the writing in the sand..

given an idea on your location I can come up with some things

EDIT: I looked at your location in your profile.

I really like the beach shots, with the sand and the trash the dress idea (make these your last shots in these clothes LOL)

That's what he said! I don't want to do a "trash the dress" thing but playing in the water in our clothes is something we definitely want to do (we love to have fun!). We're probably going to head out to Ft. Lauderdale beach because we have the boardwalk and all. We're really excited.

Thank you for the idea!:D

Hello Everyone,

Just did some Saturday at a local garden!!! Soo much fun!!

Here is the link!!!

https://picasaweb.google.com/116256763875643214774/EngagementPicsJune52011?authkey=Gv1sRgCMuCpdvz6p33mQE#

How cute!!!!! I love the chalkboard one!!! I may just borrow that idea. And the frame photos are sooo cute!! Love the props you guys had. Totally adorable! And I love that you guys aren't totally matchy... my fiancee doesn't exactly like the fact that people always match. LOL

We're torn on 2 locations, a park that we love and Hollywood Beach. But I definitely love your photos. Congrats!!!!

Hello Everyone,

Here is the link!!!

https://picasaweb.google.com/116256763875643214774/EngagementPicsJune52011?authkey=Gv1sRgCMuCpdvz6p33mQE#

Love, Love, Love your pictures! If we hadn't already taken ours I would probably steal some of your ideas. Very cute!

We changed clothes a few times because we worked with one of my photographer colleagues (I'm a makeup artist). It was an 8 hour, and 4 location day…but these are a few of my favorites. J

69788_477660147625_783302625_5538244_3422864_n.jpg

154355_477660327625_783302625_5538251_6001247_n.jpg

155800_477660312625_783302625_5538250_8275552_n.jpg

156684_477660342625_783302625_5538252_4867361_n.jpg

162704_477660242625_783302625_5538247_6667601_n.jpg

Sorry they are so big. I can't figure out how to make them smaller. :(

We changed clothes a few times because we worked with one of my photographer colleagues (I'm a makeup artist). It was an 8 hour, and 4 location day…but these are a few of my favorites. J

They are beautiful!!! I never thought to include my doggie or daughter... I just may have to add them too. :rolleyes:

We're doing changes too because the photographer is a friend of mine and another friend is a MUA (I used to do a lot of modeling and acting) so I'm definitely excited but we think we're just going to use the beach near us because we have a boardwalk, some awesome art deco stuff, old icream parlors, etc. and great locations all around it.

You guys look adorable!!! Thank you for sharing them!

Thanks you guys!!!:) It was soo much fun!!! Feel free to take any ideas. Thats what i love so much about this site!!! You find so many great tips and ideas.

Yeah we decided against the completely matching thing!! Although it does often look great!!

Mrsgomez2011,

Have you thought about shooting at both locations? That would be fun!!!

They are beautiful!!! I never thought to include my doggie or daughter... I just may have to add them too. :rolleyes:

We're doing changes too because the photographer is a friend of mine and another friend is a MUA (I used to do a lot of modeling and acting) so I'm definitely excited but we think we're just going to use the beach near us because we have a boardwalk, some awesome art deco stuff, old icream parlors, etc. and great locations all around it.

You guys look adorable!!! Thank you for sharing them!

Thank you. J We don’t have kids yet, so our dogs are our babies. Since we were doing so many different kinds of pictures I figured it would be fun to add them into a few. It was crazy and we don’t have a single picture with all 5 of us looking at the camera…but that is what makes it fun. J

Thanks you guys!!!:) It was soo much fun!!! Feel free to take any ideas. Thats what i love so much about this site!!! You find so many great tips and ideas.

Yeah we decided against the completely matching thing!! Although it does often look great!!

Mrsgomez2011,

Have you thought about shooting at both locations? That would be fun!!!

Luckily Hollywood beach has a park similiar to the one near our house. :) I convinced Chris to have 1 matchy photo and then whatever for the others. LOL I had to have just 1!!! hahaha

Very nice pics Canucme_Cruisin!!!! :o)

Thanks girlie!

quote]

YES! I agree that it's all about location, but also making sure your personalities show in the pics. We had never done a photo shoot before, but my hubby is very touchy/feely so a lot of the poses and things just came natural.

My hubby also isn't the "matching clothes" type either (especially after watching Hall Pass w/the "clones", LOL) but he agreed to do the one matching and the second set we wanted to wear out wedding colors, so not quite matching, but appropriate for the occasion.

Hello Everyone,

Here is the link!!!

I couldn't view the photos, said you had no "public" photos or they may have been moved??

69788_477660147625_783302625_5538244_3422864_n.jpg

154355_477660327625_783302625_5538251_6001247_n.jpg

155800_477660312625_783302625_5538250_8275552_n.jpg

156684_477660342625_783302625_5538252_4867361_n.jpg

162704_477660242625_783302625_5538247_6667601_n.jpg

You two look GREAT together!! Very nice poses.

You two look GREAT together!! Very nice poses.

Awww, thank you canucme_cruisin! I am super picky about myself in photos since I work with a lot of photographers. We took about 400 photos and I liked maybe 5-8. Haha. I guess it just comes with the territory.

With that said, I love your pictures as well. You can tell that you two love each other and it is so beautiful. I agree with the matchy matchy. I think you did just enough of it to show that it's your engagement shots, but didn't overdo it with the ick factor. ;)

Archived