Murder Mystery Dinner

It was fun! Campy but fun. Food was absolutely great! Wine and beer flowing! It was well worth doing at least once.

Thanks, I was wondering. It's also good to know that it might not be worth repeating. :D

The wife and I went to this on our recent Freedom of the Seas cruise. Food was good. The desert at Portafinos was great.

No Oscar worth performances, but is was a blast to see the performers around the ship later during the cruise. They remembered us. You would hear random shouts of Skippy occasionally. I won't share more details so you can enjoy.

It was worth doing once, but probably wouldn't do it again.

The wife and I went to this on our recent Freedom of the Seas cruise. Food was good. The desert at Portafinos was great.

No Oscar worth performances, but is was a blast to see the performers around the ship later during the cruise. They remembered us. You would hear random shouts of Skippy occasionally. I won't share more details so you can enjoy.

It was worth doing once, but probably wouldn't do it again.

Thank you to you as well. It would seem that this is the general concensus. Go once, enjoy, the food is good. Likely, don't do it again.

We did the mystery dinner on the Radiance a couple of years ago.......and we really enjoyed it.

The plot is a little campy, and I won't tell you who killed whom........but it was a great evening.

Started off with cocktails in a small show lounge, to watch the performers start their act..........and then the show was moved to Portofino's, where only the mystery members were allowed to dine.

Long story short......and I have told this one before.......our beloved Captain.......Claus.........was the only one that guessed the correct murderer. We all thought that he cheated, but he later told us that he had never been to a murder mystery before joining our little (little??) group!:rolleyes:

And.......yes, it's well worth it, one time!!:D

Rick

Wife and I have have done it wice - Once on Brilliance and once on Indy - It was a blast both times and well worth the money - The story does change up so you can enjoy it over and over again - and the Fodd is great as well

I must be a jaded little wench. It was HORRIBLE. It was PAINFUL. Embarassingly amateurish.

Ok, I work in entertainment so I know I am a tough audience. But I would have fired anyone who "acted" that badly. I know it's supposed to be a bit over the top -I've seen plenty of these but the one I endured was WRETCHED. And WAY TOO LONG. 3 hours was a bit much. I know I sound mean but I've sat through some bad performances and the MM ranks in the Top 5 - and it's a VERY long list. I've blocked out which ship it was on so I won't be specific.

I must be a jaded little wench. It was HORRIBLE. It was PAINFUL. Embarassingly amateurish.

Ok, I work in entertainment so I know I am a tough audience. But I would have fired anyone who "acted" that badly. I know it's supposed to be a bit over the top -I've seen plenty of these but the one I endured was WRETCHED. And WAY TOO LONG. 3 hours was a bit much. I know I sound mean but I've sat through some bad performances and the MM ranks in the Top 5 - and it's a VERY long list. I've blocked out which ship it was on so I won't be specific.

I've got a Masters in Theatre and I still enjoy the Murder Mystery....But then I don't go in there expecting Broadway. It's dinner theatre- I think that is enough of an explanation in itself. :p

I will be going on EOS in Aug for a 5 day Bremuda cruise...I was wondering do they do the murder mystery on a 5 day cruise..I looked on the RCCL site but when I click the murder mystery it would let me book..It would let me book other things..Alos can you book the ice how on line?

We loved it and did it twice! First time was fantastic because of the other guests - second time still fun but not as interactive with our tablemates. Still, a great event to try and the food and drinks are wonderful.

Wow.. I'm really happt that all of you have put in your opinions.

It really makes a great argument to do it at least once. Most of you enjoyed it, and that makes having already spent the money seem like a good idea.

I'm guessing that the more your table-mates are into it, the easier it might be to like. I'm a wiseguy in a polite way by nature. It might be fun to play into it. Screaming out things like "It was Col. Mustard in the Library with the candlestick!!!!"

We did it both times on the Voyager.

Second time WAS the same story, and at the end remembered who did it and why.

Well I won a bottle of champaign, pissed off table mates.

Ended up giving to Friends, instead of table mates !

They should have not of bitched, and told me they did not know it.

Going to do it on Mariner next April.

Wonder if the story is the same? Any one done it before on Mariner?

Was it Colonel Mustard, in the Library, with the pipe?

Just Kidding ! Don't tell, want to be surprised!

:rolleyes:

Campy but fun. They really interact with the audience (at least they did on Explorer). Food was great as was the company. Check it out.

You had the same experience....obviously an intellegent lady that can laugh at herself.....as well as others!

I might even do it again........as I'm getting older, and am starting to lose the "who done it", so give me a couple of more years........and I'll enjoy it like I have never seen it before!!:D:D

Rick

. . . I might even do it again........as I'm getting older, and am starting to lose the "who done it", so give me a couple of more years........and I'll enjoy it like I have never seen it before . . .

When we did it on independence a couple of years ago, the cast told us they had several versions with the same characters that they rotate, so chances are you HAVEN'T seen the same version before.

When we did it on independence a couple of years ago, the cast told us they had several versions with the same characters that they rotate, so chances are you HAVEN'T seen the same version before.

Thanks for the heads up! We loved it as much for the interaction of our group........as the cast.

wolfganghowel....I didn't realize that you were in the entertainment biz, but I would have to agree........for a true professional.... it leaves a bit to be desired.

I....on the other hand......knowing nothing about the entertaiment world.....but being stupidly entertained..........loved it!

By the way.........have you ever watched Jeff Hobson??:D:D

Unfortunately, he is on the NCL's Epic. I watched him in LA, and have not seen anyone as funny as Jeff..........in a long time.

Rick

I admitted I was a tough crowd and no I didn't expect Broadway. I expected silliness and some "groaner" laughs. There was very little participation with guests, mostly performance. It's just not for everyone. And I'm just one opinion among many.

Rick - no not familiar with him. I'll have to check it out. :)

We did it on the Explorer -- very zany and a lot of fun. Performance mainly took part in the lounge with drinks -- then we moved to Portofino -- ate and all cast members came to table for questioning by tablemates. A lot of laughs and food, value was excellent -- wine really flowed. Vicki

Thanks for the heads up! We loved it as much for the interaction of our group........as the cast.

wolfganghowel....I didn't realize that you were in the entertainment biz, but I would have to agree........for a true professional.... it leaves a bit to be desired.

I....on the other hand......knowing nothing about the entertaiment world.....but being stupidly entertained..........loved it!

By the way.........have you ever watched Jeff Hobson??:D:D

Unfortunately, he is on the NCL's Epic. I watched him in LA, and have not seen anyone as funny as Jeff..........in a long time.

Rick

We were on the Epic, and seen Jeff. I totally agree.. He is the funniest person we have seen in a long time!! And quite the magician. Still trying to figure out how he got my watch off, without me knowing it. :D

I will be going on EOS in Aug for a 5 day Bremuda cruise...I was wondering do they do the murder mystery on a 5 day cruise..I looked on the RCCL site but when I click the murder mystery it would let me book..It would let me book other things..Alos can you book the ice how on line?

I'm not sure if they were referring to the cast of the MM itself but they kept saying for their final appearance or for the last time. I know that our sailing was the last sailing for quite a number of the performers in the production and dance shows so perhaps they meant that crew.

That said, I was on a 9 night so I don't know if it's their for the 5 night. It wasn't available for me to book beforehand. I only found out about it when the waiter from Portofino was taking our reservation. Good luck!!!

We got to know our table mates and had an amazing time even when the performers were away. It's so interactive that a boring table might make it a drag.

Archived