Hey, CruisePup, did you see your favorite Galaxy painting in the Sunday NY Times Magazine?

ecowen

Anyone who has sailed Galaxy has an opinion of that gigantic painting of the woman in the swing.

Well, that very same painting was featured in the NY Times Sunday Magazine in an article on art collections from that period.

I still think it's bizzaro, but at least my friend CruisePup has proven his point--it's a famous painting and I know nothing about art! icon_biggrin.gif

Ed, you rascal, I was just thinking of you and when I did a search under your name this thread popped up, so I guess touche (can't type the accent). How did you know I keep a wallet size reproduction of The Swing with me? If you ever get to London you can visit the original in the Wallace Collection. It's right near Selfridge's on Oxford Street, so you can take some time out from shopping to have a peek.

Hope you and Jon are well. Since we're all in the city we should hook up sometime for a drink or something.

I miss the Galaxy something awful (not just for the painting) but I'll be on QM2 in less than 2 weeks. I want to visit Cindy Adams' cabin to see the famous bathtub!

Toodles!

Norway - 2/97;Leeward -12/97;

Grand Princess - 1/99; Leeward - 6/99; Dawn Princess - 11/99;Vision of the Seas - 6/00;Carnival Victory - 9/00; Zenith - 10/00

Mercury - 3/01; R1 -7/01; Grand Princess - 11/01; Majesty of the Seas - 12/01; Norwegian Star - 3/02;

Carnival Triumph - 7/02;

Maasdam - 11/02; Holiday - 12/02; Millennium - 4/03; Carnival Victory - 7/03; Zaandam - 8/03; Zuiderdam - 10/03; Enchantment of the Seas - 1/04; Galaxy - 3/04

I'd LOVE to sail aboard QM2 cruisepup...you're a lucky guy :-)

With how addicted I am to cruises these days, though, I don't know if I could convince myself to book only one cruise for a year and just save the money to put into a QM2 itinerary...tough debate.

Ian could care less hehe...he's totally happy as long as we take any kind of vacation, long or short, about once every six months or so. I, on the other hand, am most certainly an addict :-)

Gary Kulash

www.badelephant.com

Carnival Holiday 8/02

NCL Majesty 1/03

NCL Norway 5/25/03

NCL Sea 7/03

Celebrity Galaxy 3/04

Celebrity Mercury 10/04

HAL Zuiderdam 12/04

This QM2 cruise is only 3 nights. It'll take that long to find the cabin. I think I'm the first person in my family to sail Cunard outside steerage icon_wink.gif As long as I get my tea with scones and pint of Bass I'll be happy.

Grand Princess - 1/99; Leeward - 6/99; Dawn Princess - 11/99;Vision of the Seas - 6/00;Carnival Victory - 9/00; Zenith - 10/00

Mercury - 3/01; R1 -7/01; Grand Princess - 11/01; Majesty of the Seas - 12/01; Norwegian Star - 3/02;

Carnival Triumph - 7/02;

Maasdam - 11/02; Holiday - 12/02; Millennium - 4/03; Carnival Victory - 7/03; Zaandam - 8/03; Zuiderdam - 10/03; Enchantment of the Seas - 1/04; Galaxy - 3/04

Hey Guys,

I am stowing away in Cruise Pup's baggage.

I want to go on the QM2 too!

You are one lucky dog! icon_smile.gif

Hope everyone is well, I have been extra busy at work with new promotions, so I have not been active on the board. I have also been a bad friend to cruise pup and wave dog by not calling. I guess I am in the dog house (what a play on words) icon_smile.gif

Newfimom

Galaxy 3/19/2004,Millie 4/02,Century 4/01, Ocean Princess 3/00, Grand Princess 4/99, Monarch 6/97, Century 9/96, Crown Princess 10/94

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=3>

<param name="day" value=19>

<param name="hour" value=23>

</applet>

Thanks, Newfimom. I won the QM2 cruise by correctly pronouncing thalassotherapy. icon_biggrin.gif

Carnival Triumph - 7/02;

Archived