Anyone back from Koper? Transportation questions!

We're going to be on the Voyager of the Seas on Sunday October 9, 2011. We want to go 14 miles (23 km) up the road to Trieste, Italy (Trst in Slovenian). No bus service on Sunday!!

I sent an e-mail to the tourist office and received this reply in response to my query about how to get to Trieste. So does this mean that when we get off the ship we should just walk to the tourist information center and they'll direct us to appropriate transportation? Or there's a kiosk/office right at the terminal?

Has anyone who's already been to Koper tell me where to get the info I need? I'm even willing to ride a bicycle to Trieste (though I really don't want to). :p

"Thank you for contacting our tourist information center in Koper. In this e-mail we attached you a timetable of bus from Koper-Trieste-Koper. But, when you will come in Koper, you will have on passanger terminal organised all excursions and trips. If you need any other information, please feel free to contact us again. Best regards, Tic Koper"

can contact them and find out if they could arrange shuttle,or mini bus...

also,,give second thought about leaving Koper for Trieste,,unless you have specific reason?? Koper is so quaint and scenic,,,fun to walk and explore,,esp if ship there for short time,,,we also docked at Trieste,,and sort of large,industrial area,,,not very scenic or quaint....would just spend time in first,,and ignore second..sorry,,,,most agreed not one of favorite ports....not sure if that helps..just my opinion,of course.;)

Thank you Alexandra. We want to see the Barcolana Regatta, which happens on the day we're in port. http://www.barcolana.it/ It looks beautiful and it's a once-a-year event. I think we may opt for a taxi but given what a big event this is, I am sure they will be able to give us some advice at the tourist bureau! I haven't been able to come up with much from internet searches I am going to have to be patient...;)

We are definitely going to look around Koper, too!!

We embarked and returned last year from Koper on our Adriatic cruise on the MS Arion. The only way is a taxi from the port--it cost may be 40 US Dollar not sure. to get to Trieste train station to return to Venice. The buses run on Saturday but not Sunday.

Archived