just upgraded to a Balcony!

sailingnut

Don't get me wrong we love our balconies.

You don't say which ship you are on. From my research, example the Pearl the square footage inside the cabin (not including the balcony) look approx. the same size.

I would put 3 in a standard balcony that I've been in, but I personally would not try to put 4. The sofa is actually a love seat. The ocean view has the pulldown beds and therefore would not take up floor space.

Don't get me wrong we love our balconies.

You don't say which ship you are on. From my research, example the Pearl the square footage inside the cabin (not including the balcony) look approx. the same size.

I would put 3 in a standard balcony that I've been in, but I personally would not try to put 4. The sofa is actually a love seat. The ocean view has the pulldown beds and therefore would not take up floor space.

On the Jewel last year, we had a balcony that had a bed that came out of the ceiling... when it was made up, it made it difficult to get out to the balcony...

On the Jewel last year, we had a balcony that had a bed that came out of the ceiling... when it was made up, it made it difficult to get out to the balcony...

Yes I bet it was, which is why I said I didn't think a balcony for 4 would be a good idea and that an oceanview with the overhead births over the existing beds might be better. But the more I thought about even that, if you had the bottom bed pushed into a queen you would have difficulty getting out of bed I would think ???

Yes I bet it was, which is why I said I didn't think a balcony for 4 would be a good idea and that an oceanview with the overhead births over the existing beds might be better. But the more I thought about even that, if you had the bottom bed pushed into a queen you would have difficulty getting out of bed I would think ???

You would have to climb out the bottom (where your feet would be)...we had 4 in an inside on the Dawn last year and when all three bottom beds were made up, we had to get out of bed that way... it is really not a big deal -- as long as I'm on a cruise, it's all good. Rather be climbing out of bed like that instead of home taking care of business!!!

You would have to climb out the bottom (where your feet would be)...we had 4 in an inside on the Dawn last year and when all three bottom beds were made up, we had to get out of bed that way... it is really not a big deal -- as long as I'm on a cruise, it's all good. Rather be climbing out of bed like that instead of home taking care of business!!!

LOL valid point :D

I think the balcony is counted in the total square footage, so in the end the area in a a balcony stateroom will probably be similar to that of the oceanview (or a little smaller). The balcony will make up for that ;). Really only a problem at night and if you all want to hang out in the stateroom all the time.

Hi, had an oceanview for November and might have four people, three for sure, just upgraded to a balcony, thought more room! Would I be right on this, it came to $86.00 more a night!:o

I was under the impression balcony rooms only held 3 people. Two in the bed and one on the sofa.

I was under the impression balcony rooms only held 3 people. Two in the bed and one on the sofa.

Some definitely hold 4 -- the bed that drops down from the ceiling and the sofa hold the 3rd and 4th passenger. We had 4 in our cabin on the Jewel.

Picture of Jewel-class ship with 4 beds deployed in a balcony

If your cabin is coded for "3", there will not be the drop-down bunk

The blue curtains behind the drop-down bed are the curtains over the sliding glass door to the balcony.

ba-with-turn-down.jpg.f9994996ec62e60e0076d51b7e032722.jpg

Congratulations! Now if you are offered an upgrade to a mini suite - go for it! You'll have some more room, a little bit bigger balcony and a better bathroom. And no obstruction getting to the balcony even if the sofa is made into a bed.

Have fun!

You'll have some more room, a little bit bigger balcony and a better bathroom. And no obstruction getting to the balcony even if the sofa is made into a bed.

That's good to know -- too bad mini-suites are under the pool deck!

OP: Congrats on the balcony upgrade! The more room the merrier in a four pax situation. Every last little square foot helps! I was in a cabin that accomodated four people on last year's Spring Break Jewel cruise. I did it by myself. I couldn't imagine doing four pax in an interior, let alone a balcony! :cool: A mini-suite on the other hand would be very do-able for four people. Keep watching the prices, maybe you can scooch up if the price drops! :D

Archived