Dick Gold, Princess Cruises Comedian

dorisday

Dick Gold has been a Princess Cruises comedian entertaining passengers & crew for over 20yrs & has only recently retired. I worked onboard with Dick for many years & even though I knew his routine he never failed to make me laugh.

This morning his wife posted this message on his FaceBook page :-

"I write with great sadness that my wonderful husband Dick has passed away this morning at 4:30. He did so with the grace and courage he has always shown. We could hear him repeat I Love You. I have been blessed by his love.

I thank all for the wonderful messages you sent us. It gave Dick a smile."

For those of you lucky enough to have seen Dick Golds performance Im sure you will agree he truely is a LoveBoat Legend who will be greatly missed :(

Wow! Thanks for the info. We sailed with him when we went to Alaska on the Regal back in 1992. My mom and I were having a great time, walked past a lounge with a bunch of people playing the piano and went in. It turns out it was crew members having a good time. Dick Gold was one of them. I can't forget him due to his play on his name in his routine - "Gold, Dick". Anyway, we got to chatting and he asked if we wanted to step out on deck with him and watch the sun rise. He thought it was so beautiful. Umm, it's time for the sun to rise! :eek: Man, we have to go to bed. My 6 YO son got up about an hour later and wanted to go panning for gold. Found memories.

Archived