Fascination out of Jacksonville.. Pre cruise hotel suggestions?

jjdmom8

Just booked for the 7/4 sailing out of Jacksonville. First time sailing from this port.. Any suggestions on nearby hotel to stay the night before? Also, any that offer parking for the duration of the cruise? Should only be about a 7 hour drive for us.. but since it is a Holiday weekend, we might need to go a day early just in case.. Any suggestions welcomed!

This will probably getted bumped to ports of call, but we enjoyed Holiday Inn Blount Island, the closest hotel to the dock, and they do offer parking , a trip over to the ship, and free breakfast. In fact we will be staying there again in November. Read a bunch of Fascination reviews, most tell you where they stayed before cruising.

We have also stayed at the Holiday Inn. Nice, clean, free breakfast and convenient to the port. There is also a conveniece store down the street if you need to pick up water/soda before you cruise. We didn't leave our car there and parked at the port but I do remember they did offer a park & cruise package.

Go to Florida departures board and search "Jacksonville". There are many posts about hotels. I think the Holiday Inn Blount Island is the only one right by the port and there is limited restaurants (I think only a Wendy's) in the area.

Most hotels will be around the airport. We've booked Springhill Suites Jacksonvilee Airport for the day before our cruise and the day we return since we couldn't get a flight out until 7/5 (we are on the sailing right before yours...get back on 7/4). We booked the day before with their "cruise pkg" rate that includes transportation to the port and booked a AAA rate on the return date. They also have a free shuttle from airport to hotel and a free shuttle to restaurants and shops around the hotel.

We are cruising in 11 days and we have booked the Holiday Inn Blount Isl because my cousin went on this same ship a couple of months ago and said that it was a really nice hotel and you get to keep you car there. We are paying $139 for the cruise package which includes a shuttle to the port and parking your car at the hotel for the duration of the cruise.

Just booked for the 7/4 sailing out of Jacksonville. First time sailing from this port.. Any suggestions on nearby hotel to stay the night before? Also, any that offer parking for the duration of the cruise? Should only be about a 7 hour drive for us.. but since it is a Holiday weekend, we might need to go a day early just in case.. Any suggestions welcomed!

I will be on the same cruise!

I will be on the same cruise!

This is where we stayed last month before our Fascination cruise:

http://www.jacksonvilleplazahotel.com/parkflysailsave.php

We used their park and cruise (I think they call it sail and save) package which included free parking and roundtrip shuttle service. Quite a few of our fellow cruisers stayed there too.

We have also stayed at the Clarion and Microtel near the airport before cruising from Jacksonville.

Our family will be on this cruise. Since we live an hour away from jacksonville, we have never used a hotel. However, I have only heard good things about the Holiday Inn Blount Island. There are also several good hotels near the airport. Having lived in Jacksonville for the first 30 years of my life, I would suggest either close to the airport or Blount Island. Those areas are safer.

Shirley

We used their park and cruise (I think they call it sail and save) package which included free parking and roundtrip shuttle service. Quite a few of our fellow cruisers stayed there too.

We have also stayed at the Clarion and Microtel near the airport before cruising from Jacksonville.

Jacksonville Plaza worked great for us last Jan. No problems and a descent hotel. Safe for you car. Has a shuttle to port. Our car was parked there for 10 days and saved us a load of money over port parking.

We will be on the same cruise (7/4) and we are staying at the Springhill Suites...$139 includes shuttle from airport and shuttle to Cruise Port. Hoping they will drive us to the Walmart, too!

(Hi "itchin2cruz"!! Good to see you here--looking forward to meeting you in 24 days!!)

When I Cruise on the Fascination,I stay @

the Crowne Plaza on AirPort RD..........

Which was the Holiday Inn.........

They offer the Park & Cruise.......

Very nice Hotel/motel.......

There is a Walmart & other stores and

lots of places to eat......

Have a Great Cruise..................

Happy Cruising...........

We stayed at the Hampton Inn near the airport in Jacksonville and loved it! They have a park and cruise package that included parking for the length of your cruise and shuttle to and from the port and it was a very reasonable price, I think $104 at the time we went in May. The shuttle service was excellent, rooms were wonderful and a full hot breakfast included. I typically prefer Hampton Inns when I can find one, and I was definitely pleased with this one. There is a Ruby Tuesday right across the parking lot and a shopping center down the street. I found a lot of hotels in the airport area that had some park and cruise packages, and this seemed like a good area to leave your car, in my opinion.

We have booked here also, dont know much about it other than it looks nice and they offer a shuttle and parking. They seem to get a lot of cruiser stay there.

We stayed at the Hyatt Place - Airport

Newer hotel, quiet rooms, WONDERFUL shower

free breakfast.

I do not know if they have a shuttle, I'm sorry.

But I really can't recommend it enough. They were great.

I would NOT stay at the Jacksonville Plaza. We checked in & checked right back out.

Room smelled, blankets were eaten by moths, mattress was bowed. It just didn't have a clean feeling to it.

We stayed at the Hyatt Place - Airport & it was FANTASTIC!

Hotel is practically new, rooms are spacious, free Wifi, pool, & the hotel has a shuttle that will take you anywhere you want to go within a 3 or 5 mile radius, can't remember which. There are lots of dining options & Riverside Mall which can all be accessed free with the shuttle.

Archived