FLL Embassy Suites, can you walk

bayou cruiser

Hyatt Place and Embassy Suites are not on the same street. :confused:

To get to Hyatt Place from ES, you don't have to cross SE 17th St. Just turn left and go about a block west on 17th St, then turn left/south at the next light at SE 10th Ave and walk about a block and you'll see it. Or you can cut through the Harbor Shops behind the ES and you'll find Hyatt Place on the street behind the west building in the shopping center. Hyatt Pier 66 is on 17th St, east of the big drawbridge, about 6-8 blocks away, on the other side of 17th St. There are crosswalks at both hotels.

The closest stop is under the west side of the 17th St bridge next to the Hilton Marina. It is about 6 blocks away. You don't have to cross 17th St to get to it, as Marriott Dr. connects one side of the St to the other under the bridge.

Hi Royalcruz,

I see by your signature you live in Ft Lauderdale. Being a local could you tell me of some hotels close to port where we could see the ships? Any hotels would you reccomend?

We have stayed in the Bahia Mar & Holiday Inn Express in the past. They were just OK, pretty inexpensive hotels. This next trip we would like to stay in something a little nicer but don't want to break the bank either. We have never had a room that overlooked the port with a view of all the ships. My dds would think that would be so cool (me too!) So any ideas for me?

Thank you in advance :)

Hi Royalcruz,

I see by your signature you live in Ft Lauderdale. Being a local could you tell me of some hotels close to port where we could see the ships? Any hotels would you reccomend?

We have stayed in the Bahia Mar & Holiday Inn Express in the past. They were just OK, pretty inexpensive hotels. This next trip we would like to stay in something a little nicer but don't want to break the bank either. We have never had a room that overlooked the port with a view of all the ships. My dds would think that would be so cool (me too!) So any ideas for me?

Thank you in advance :)

I don't think any of the hotels offer a great view of the port, since the port is so large, but south facing high floors in these have some views:

Hyatt Pier 66

Hilton Marina

Renaissance

or east facing high floor in Embassy Suites (further than the others so a more distant view)

Archived