temperature

noddie11

We are booked to cruise Boston to rotterdam on the Maasdam in July.

I realise that the temperatures of the places we visit will be fairly low and sweaters will be needed at port visits. I was wondering if someone could tell me what the temperature on board will be. Do I need to wrap up inside the ship or do they turn the heating up ? The question of formal nights particularly concerns me as most of my dresses are fairly bare!

Not sure of what you will experience on this itinerary, but I was on the Maasdam in Jan for the E Carribbean cruise and FROZE in the dining room each night. The ladies were thinking of using the robes from the rooms to keep warm at dinner and the men were wearing jackets when not required to keep warm! the Maitre 'D took studious notes at each table that asked about the temperature but nothing changed. If I had this cruise to do over again, I'd take warmer clothes!

noddie, this will be my third consecutive year on this (more or less) route---and fourth in the last five years.

During the daytime the interior of the ship will be comfortable in sweatshirts and/or sweaters. btw---you will need more than sweaters in some of the ports. In Greenland you will be more comfortable in jackets and gloves. Greenland is one giant icecube in the North Atlantic.

If you have sleeveless evening wear I would recommend a pretty shawl that coordinates with your emsemble. You wouldn't want to ruin a pretty outfit with a sweater, or (HORRORS!) a robe. :eek:

Temp of the dining room can vary by area. I usually wear short-sleeved dresses and am comfortable in the dining room and most of the public areas. Some places can get too warm for me.

Archived