Bio Bay Tour with "Pure Adventure"?

Soprani

I am interested in booking a tour of the Laguna Grande bio bay near Fajardo with Pure Adventure. They use marine biologists as tour guides and have excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. However, they have no review on Cruise Critic.

Has anyone done this bio bay tour with Pure Adventure? If yes, would you recommend them? Also, if you have used their transportation service, how was it?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
I am interested in booking a tour of the Laguna Grande bio bay near Fajardo with Pure Adventure. They use marine biologists as tour guides and have excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. However, they have no review on Cruise Critic.

Has anyone done this bio bay tour with Pure Adventure? If yes, would you recommend them? Also, if you have used their transportation service, how was it?

Thanks!

I found these reviews on TripAdvisor:

"Bio Bay - Pure Adventure." – Pure Adventure

Attraction Review – Fajardo, Puerto Rico

x.gif

by Blackbrair November 28, 2010

This was a unique experience and one the best. Putting it simple, I will give this a 5 on 5!

"Pure Adventure Excellent" – Pure Adventure

x.gif

by angelit July 10, 2011

the best experience, the guides are excellent and I had fun and want to go back

"BioBay Pure Adventure=Awesome" – Pure Adventure

x.gif

by Pueo13 July 21, 2011

We were not really that interested in this trip at first but, It became one of the highlights of our entire trip. Thanks Javier, Alejandro,...

I found these reviews on TripAdvisor:

"Bio Bay - Pure Adventure." – Pure Adventure

x.gif

by Blackbrair November 28, 2010

This was a unique experience and one the best. Putting it simple, I will give this a 5 on 5!

"Pure Adventure Excellent" – Pure Adventure

x.gif

by angelit July 10, 2011

the best experience, the guides are excellent and I had fun and want to go back

"BioBay Pure Adventure=Awesome" – Pure Adventure

x.gif

by Pueo13 July 21, 2011

We were not really that interested in this trip at first but, It became one of the highlights of our entire trip. Thanks Javier, Alejandro,...

Thank you Two from Virginia! As I mentioned in my first post, I had seen excellent reviews on TripAdvisor but nothing on Cruise Critic. I was also hoping to hear from someone who had already used their transportation service.

We used their transportation service from San Juan a couple of weeks ago. It was a long trip since it was the beginning of a long holiday weekend so it took about two hours to get there. Jose was a very good driver and kept us entertained throughout the trip.

As far as the tour itself, out of around 50 cruise and land tours and excursions, this was by far the worse we have ever done. I think the main reason was the group was just to big. there were about 15 or so kayaks and people kept running into each other. I saw other tours that were organized much better, but not ours.

Once we got to the Bio part, it was really disappointing. You don't see anything and we went during a prime moon cycle. They tied up the kayaks and we got a science lesson from a "marine biologist". I almost fell off the kayak a couple of times when I fell asleep.

Then on the way back there was a mass of confusion. One of the guides is yelling follow the red flashing light. The problem is there are 15 kayaks all with flashing red lights. I found another tour company returning in a straight line so i just went with them.

Of the people I talked to, it sounded like no one had a good time. My wife says that she is at least glad she tried it, I don't feel that way.

I would recommend another company. I am not sure how they get such good reviews on tripadvisor because no one on the tour I went on would give a good review.

As far as the tour itself, out of around 50 cruise and land tours and excursions, this was by far the worse we have ever done. I think the main reason was the group was just to big. there were about 15 or so kayaks and people kept running into each other. I saw other tours that were organized much better, but not ours.

Once we got to the Bio part, it was really disappointing. You don't see anything and we went during a prime moon cycle. They tied up the kayaks and we got a science lesson from a "marine biologist". I almost fell off the kayak a couple of times when I fell asleep.

Then on the way back there was a mass of confusion. One of the guides is yelling follow the red flashing light. The problem is there are 15 kayaks all with flashing red lights. I found another tour company returning in a straight line so i just went with them.

quote]

Thanks for your review. Did you happen to get the name of the tour company returning in a straight line or of the other "more organized" tours?

The group that I returned with was Kayaking Puerto Rico. They only had about 8 kayaks in there group so it seemed easier to control.

I tried to book with them but they were all booked up so it looks like they keep their group small.

cccer, so glad to hear good comments about Kayaking Puerto Rico. I'm reserved with them for Sat, Sep 3. I chose them because they have a rainforest/bio bay combo excursion so you can do both on the same day. They've been very responsive with my MANY e-mails. :o

cccer, so glad to hear good comments about Kayaking Puerto Rico. I'm reserved with them for Sat, Sep 3. I chose them because they have a rainforest/bio bay combo excursion so you can do both on the same day. They've been very responsive with my MANY e-mails. :o

Do they have transportation from San Juan? I emailed them a long time ago and never heard back so I've written them off.

I haven't seen the bioluminescent in San Juan, but wanted to warn you I saw it on another island sail boat excursion, either from St Thomas or St John, and was very disappointed. So disappointed that I thought the $$ to do the trip in San Juan wasn't worth it. If you go don't expect too much from the bioluminescent part of the trip and but enjoy the kayaking - that is always fun!

I haven't seen the bioluminescent in San Juan, but wanted to warn you I saw it on another island sail boat excursion, either from St Thomas or St John, and was very disappointed. So disappointed that I thought the $$ to do the trip in San Juan wasn't worth it. If you go don't expect too much from the bioluminescent part of the trip and but enjoy the kayaking - that is always fun!

Why were you so disappointed?

Shekim, Kayaking Puerto Rico has always gotten back to me via email within 24 hours, and I have sent several over the past few months. Maybe the messages are going in your down folder?

If you check the tripadvisor.com reviews for biobay excursions, all the tour operators get good ratings. Even if the lagoon doesn't have a radioactive glow in the dark, I think most people enjoy the experience of being in the water at night.

Hmmm, let me see if anybody in San Juan has a night snorkeling excursion!

It was disappointing because I expected to see lots of glowing things everywhere in the water. Instead there were just a few and they were all in one small spot. Hopefully you will see something better than that - I have since started keeping my expectations lower when seeing something new. Worked with the northern lights the other night. I loved every minute but a friend that was with me kept saying surely something more and bigger is going to happen.

Can anyone give me an idea of the cost for Kayaking Puerto Rico Bio Bay tour including transportation from San Juan? I cannot get any of the links to work on their website. Have also tried another company called Pure Adventure which is also very highly rated, but cannot get their website to come up at all - gets forbidden. Donno what's up, but if I had an idea what it costs, I'd know if I should bother to make a phone call.

Archived