Baggage question.

believer33323

:confused:I thought I knew the answer until I heard of the Service men on Delta and on the connecting flight they had issues with their baggage. My question is, When you pay the extra fees for your baggage, I am to take it that that is a one time fee for the entire flight along with the connections, correct?? You do not have to repay each time you board the next plane. I know it is a dumb question, but what the hell... won't be the first and not the last I'm sure.:confused:

My question is, When you pay the extra fees for your baggage, I am to take it that that is a one time fee for the entire flight along with the connections, correct?? You do not have to repay each time you board the next plane.

Yes, assuming your travel is all on one ticket. Say you're flying from airport XXX, connecting in Atlanta, and ultimately arriving at Miami, you'll pay the bag fee once, when you check in at XXX. The fee covers both flight segments, from XXX to ATL, and from ATL to MIA, and your bags will be checked all the way through to MIA.

When you come home, you will pay the fee again, when you check in at MIA for your return flights. And again, you'll pay once, and the fee will cover the MIA-ATL flight segment, as well as ATL-XXX.

:confused:I thought I knew the answer until I heard of the Service men on Delta and on the connecting flight they had issues with their baggage.

Oh, and as far as the issue with Delta and the servicemen.... that was a different type of issue. The question at hand was the number of bags they were allowed to check free of charge. Their orders stated that they got a higher baggage allowance, due to being servicemen traveling on military orders, but that apparently wasn't clear to the ticket/gate agent at the airport.

Archived