Uniworld house wine?

Edug8r

I would like to order an in-cabin gift for a passenger traveling in Uniworld next month. The bottles of wine offered are "house" and "quality". Does anyone have experience with these to know if sending the house would be okay?

The house wine are local wines, very good, and they are served at dinner at no charge. My TA had a bouquet of flowers for my room on our last Uniworld cruise, which was nice, since the wine was available anyway we enjoyed the flowers.

Thanks for the response. It is for my boss who is retiring and just wanted to do a little something. The travel agent said the wine is included, but I didn't know if my boss would enjoy having some in her cabin, not knowing the serving times. Also thought about the fruit or chocolates, but don't want it to be something like 4 chocolates.

Thanks for the response. It is for my boss who is retiring and just wanted to do a little something. The travel agent said the wine is included, but I didn't know if my boss would enjoy having some in her cabin, not knowing the serving times. Also thought about the fruit or chocolates, but don't want it to be something like 4 chocolates.

I would call Uniworld and ask about the bon voyage gifts if you would like more info before making your decision. I am sure they would be happy to answer any questions you may have.:)

I have been told by Uniworld that you can bring bottles of wine up to the top deck to drink. So, if you have a bottle delivered to cabin, your boss can enjoy the wine up top before dinner. Just because they are including wine with dinner doesn't mean I wouldn't want to have wine before dinner.

• 3 months later...
Can anyone tell me if I can buy a local bottle of wine and bring onboard to drink in cabin or on top deck? Thanks.:)

Don't forget your corkscrew :D. Pack it in your checked luggage. We keep one in there and travel everywhere with it.

A couple of thoughts on the wine questions.

We were on the River Countess last Christmas season and were fortunate that the head wine buyer for Uniworld was on the first several days of the cruise. He offered a wine tasting for the guests on the cruise. For a couple of reasons my wife and I ended up having a private tasting with the gentleman and the 2 of us! He was VERY committed to upgrading the wine service all across the Line. Also a major objective of his was to make the regional wines of a cruise area the wines served on board. (Personally I find that highly commendable).

That all being said, I think most of you will find the "house" or featured wine quite acceptable.

Also a side note about personal bottles of wine, If it is a wine the ship normally has, the bar staff is more than happy to "swap" a bottle for a chilled bottle if appropriate, simply ask.

Lastly, cork screws, you can find nylon/plastic corkscrews in many wine stores and food gadget outlets. I travel with one in my carryon bag and have never been hassled over it. I call it my "stealth" cork screw.

• 1 year later...
Can anyone tell me if I can buy a local bottle of wine and bring onboard to drink in cabin or on top deck? Thanks.:)

I was wondering this also does anyone have any past experience of this, do they charge a corkage fee if you bring out of your room , thanks

Corkage fee in the bar if you bring your own.

We bought a bottle of the local wine at most of the ports and drank it in cabin, Captain's lounge, and on top deck...

Fun to try different ones.

Careful at dnner - they keep refilling the glasses when you're not looking. Hubby had to sleep sitting up the first night.

The box of chocolates were nice and rather large. Took some home.

cb

Archived