Blankets on Alaskan cruises?

LLH444

We're starting to gather things to pack for our Alaskan cruise...booked on SB Coral Princess June 25th. We'd like to sit on our balcony as much as possible on the glacier cruising days and thought it would really help to cover up with blankets for extra warmth. I've read that Princess will provide lounge chair blankets on one of the upper viewing decks. Is this true? If yes, will they allow us to bring 2 of those blankets to our cabins? If not, I'm going to try to find room in one of our suitcases for a couple of stadium blankets. But I sure don't want to take up extra luggage space if it isn't necessary!

We were just on the Coral NB to Alaska in May. I checked out one of the lounge chair/MUTS blankets to use on my balcony on Glacier Bay day. I had to sign a log with our cabin number and the fellow asked that I bring the blanket back by 8pm. I think that perhaps they launder them before putting them out for the next passenger? When I took it back up at 8pm, there were fresh blankets a slightly different color out for the evening movie.

On our recent Golden Princess cruise, blankets were issued much the same as the pool towels used to be. You check them out at a given location on the Lido Deck, and can leave them in your stateroom at the end of the trip. Of course, you'll be charged some astronomical amount if you decide to keep them as souvenirs. We had a great cruise, and wish you the same.

Al

We were just on the Coral NB to Alaska in May. I checked out one of the lounge chair/MUTS blankets to use on my balcony on Glacier Bay day. I had to sign a log with our cabin number and the fellow asked that I bring the blanket back by 8pm. I think that perhaps they launder them before putting them out for the next passenger? When I took it back up at 8pm, there were fresh blankets a slightly different color out for the evening movie.

We are going on the Coral in August. CAn't wait. would you post a review??? Please

We are going on the Coral in August. CAn't wait. would you post a review??? Please

I'm working on it. I hope to have it completed this week. (Life keeps getting in the way!) I was scanning the Princess Patters last night trying to upload as pdf's, but for some reason, CC kept shutting down my upload. I'm not sure if they were too large or what, but I'll figure out a way to post them. I even started a new blog last night in hopes that I can scan the Patters as photos and then post them on there. I've had success with page one of the first day so far! LOL.

I'm working on it. I hope to have it completed this week. (Life keeps getting in the way!) I was scanning the Princess Patters last night trying to upload as pdf's, but for some reason, CC kept shutting down my upload. I'm not sure if they were too large or what, but I'll figure out a way to post them. I even started a new blog last night in hopes that I can scan the Patters as photos and then post them on there. I've had success with page one of the first day so far! LOL.

oh id love to see your scans of the patters . we are sailing in 38 days our first cruise !

katt

We're starting to gather things to pack for our Alaskan cruise...booked on SB Coral Princess June 25th. We'd like to sit on our balcony as much as possible on the glacier cruising days and thought it would really help to cover up with blankets for extra warmth. I've read that Princess will provide lounge chair blankets on one of the upper viewing decks. Is this true? If yes, will they allow us to bring 2 of those blankets to our cabins? If not, I'm going to try to find room in one of our suitcases for a couple of stadium blankets. But I sure don't want to take up extra luggage space if it isn't necessary!

25 June up to Alaska, you shouldn't need a blanket, We did Yakutat and Glacier Bays early September and we were all in shorts at Glacier Bay with temps of 67F.

I would suggest that you don't want to go into turtle mode onboard while in Yakutat and Glacier Bays. Your best place to view is certainly not from a balcony, but on the upper decks where you can see the expanse of Alaska in all its natural beauty and benefit from the commentary of the Park Rangers who board the ship early morning as you enter the National Park at Glacier Bay.

The Captain will take you all the way up to within 80 metres of the face of the glacier to allow viewing and then about 30 minutes later, swing the ship around to the other side. Most vessels start the cruise down the bay about 4-4:30 pm with the Rangers disembarking by boat at the entrance to Glacier Bay a few hours later.

Don't think you can take the blankets to your cabin, unless you sign for them. Can you imagine how many might disappear by disembarkation day?

Have a great cruise and you'll see why Sarah Palin is so proud of the State she calls home.

Ciao for now!!!

25 June up to Alaska, you shouldn't need a blanket, We did Yakutat and Glacier Bays early September and we were all in shorts at Glacier Bay with temps of 67F.

At 67 degrees I will most definitely need a blanket! I am from South Florida where I bundle up in those conditions!

Archived