Parasailing at Sapphire Beach?

tmcraine

We were just at Sapphire beach last week. They offered parasailing and jet skiing, but not actually on site. When you get there, there is a little water activities building to your right. If you want to do these things they will call an independent provider to schedule and pick you up. We got there at about 1:30, and they did not have an opening until 5:00, so we did not get to do it. I cannot remember the price, but I know that our cruise was offering it for $70 a person, and I remember that this was a little less.

Sapphire is nice. It is a narrow beach in a sheltered cove. The water is very clear, and the snorkeling is good for kids or beginners. There is a reefy/rocky area where the fish are. We rented beach chairs for $5 each.

If you are going with kids, take them around to the back of the beach where the trees and pond are and they can see a lot of iguanas running around.

Have fun!

The snorkeling is good at Sapphire Beach. The complaint is about the snorkeling equipment. It is old, and not well cared for. My husband put on 3 pairs of fins, and they all the straps were broken. I swam out and my strap broke as well. The beach itself is gorgeous. The day we were there it was windy and the current was VERY STRONG. Be careful. Oh, and we had a heck of a time trying to get back to town. The taxi driver who took us was supposed to come back and pick us up. We got to the disignated spot 15 minutes early, and waited, waited. We were stressed. Finally after 35 minutes or so a taxi pulled up. We had asked others at the resort for help getting a taxi out to the location. They were laid back and said "someone will be here."

Watch your time carefully.....

Archived