Can I take a Travel Iron on Dream

Think I know the answer to this one but can anyone confirm the rules for taking a travel iron to iron hubbys shirt for captains Night. Think its not allowed due to fire hazard so any alternatives on the Dream ie is there a laundrette to use?

Its a NO NO but for some unknown reason hair straighteners/curling tongs are when there are more fires caused by hair straightners/curling tongs than using travel irons However,as were a stay first we take a travel iron with us and we got on board without a problem with it last year.

We didn`t use it though

Hi, If you have a look under terms & conditions- Cabins just before "cabin supplements" it states " For safety reasons, you can't use kettles and irons in your cabin".

I have usually taken one with me but can only recall using it once or twice in all the years we have cruised.

This seems to be common to most cruise lines- perhaps the voltage won't take them.

Enjoy your cruise

when i have shirts laundered in the ships laundry they always come back ironed on hangers, probably they used one of those steam presses? No need to pay for the pressing service :)

As a gentleman should not remove his dinner jacket in public the normal service is OK ;)

Archived