anyone booking GTY ever get switched?

MamaParrotHead

I'm 65 days out and found out this morning our cabin assignment through the book/modify method. has anyone's cabin assignment been changed after seeing this, and if so, how many times? yes, I know they *can* change the rooms up til you're boarding the ship, I'm just curious as to how often it *does* happen. :) thanks.

Hi MommaParrotHead -

We had GTY inside staterooms for our March 27th cruise on the Legend...and found out this week we were upgraded to Oceanview Staterooms with Private Balconies! It happens!! I'm sure it depends on a lot of things...but it does happen!! :)

It did happen to my Dad & Stepmom on our November Miracle Cruise - My cabin stayed the same (upgraded from OV Guarantee to Balcony), but Dad had booked an Inside Guarante and through bookmodify found they had been upgraded to a balcony - it was a handicapped accessible cabin though, which I am guessing is why they ended up being bumped out of that cabin into a 7A.

I booked a guarantee last fall on Miracle, and using the method I found my cabin. That showed up on the system for about a month. When I got my docs and looked at the back of the S&S page, I found a different cabin. That is the one I actually got. So yes, cabins can change up until the time you sail.

Yep. I used Book Modify, and always showed a GTEE, however, in doing the "gift method" I got assigned to a cat 12. (Booked a st. gtee) My docs had the same cabin on them...U84. Got to the pier...V3, cat 11. Still a nice cabin though. I was kinda bummed because, I thought once it was on your docs, that was it. I was wrong. A Cat 12 would've been great, but the 11 was still nice too. Oh, this was on Fascination.

Archived