Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale that offer transport to and from the cruise terminal

babymaxie

:) We are taking a cruise in December 2011 and would like to know if anyone knows of a good not so expensive hotel that offers transfers to the cruise port and will pick back up when cruise is over with. That will allow you to leave your car at the hotel with no extra charge. We are driving down from SC the day before the cruise and would like to stay at a hotel close to the cruise port. Any suggestions? :confused: We are taking a cruise in December 2011 and would like to know if anyone knows of a good not so expensive hotel that offers transfers to the cruise port and will pick back up when cruise is over with. That will allow you to leave your car at the hotel with no extra charge. We are driving down from SC the day before the cruise and would like to stay at a hotel close to the cruise port. Any suggestions? :confused:

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on Sterling which provided a free shuttle to the cruise port as well as to the airport but I don't know about free parking for the week and pick up after the cruise. It would be best to check the Homeport board. That's where I got my info.

We have the Cambria Suites booked for this Dec. They have park and cruise. We are doing a semi back to back. The Navigator then the Allure. Looks like we will be on the Allure together.

We have the Cambria Suites booked for this Dec. They have park and cruise. We are doing a semi back to back. The Navigator then the Allure. Looks like we will be on the Allure together.

Park and cruise sounds like the right program for the OP.

Offering shuttles does not imply free extended parking. On the other hand a sleep-park-sail package or park and cruise or whatever they name it, should get the OP the parking he or she wants. a free shuttle should be a secondary consideration.

I think a LaQuinta in Fort Lauderdale offered cruise parking with a free shuttle to the port. guests had to pay their way back to pick up cars after the cruise (taxi or paid shuttle).

I am not always impressed with the port shuttle services and sometimes just pay for a taxi for efficient service on my own schedule.

When we stayed at LaQuinta in Hollywood, FL a few years back, they offered free parking for the duration of your cruise and a free shuttle to the pier (there was a charge if you booked a return ride on the shuttle from the pier to the hotel to pick up your car, but the cost was a little less than that of a taxi ride.

I know that Summerfield Suites and Hyatt Place South in Dania Beach which is about three miles from the pier offered a shuttle but am not sure about parking while you were on your cruise. I would check with those properties to see what their policy is. All three properties also included free internet and a complimentary breakfast buffet as part of the room price. We used Priceline for all three properties and it was quite a bargain.:)

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza in December last year, hotel was spot on with fantastic rooms and great breakfast facilities, taxis are aplenty with the cruise terminal only 3/4 minutes away, enjoy your cruise.

We have stayed at Hampton Inn Airport North Cruise Port, 2301 SW 12th Avenue off Hwy 84, several times pre-cruise because the rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, they offer a free breakfast buffest, and we can leave our car there ($50 for up to 10 days) and take their free shuttle to and from the port. We usually tip the shuttle driver however so it's probably not much cheaper than a cab ride. It is also right by several stores and there are plenty of nearby dining options. If you choose this hotel, DON'T book the cruise and park package online - book just your room and add the parking when you check-in.

Archived