questions regarding bungee cords

lyorko

We will be sailing on the Liberty in 20 days and this will be the first balconey on Carvinval.. On princess the balconey doors were sliders, but the pictures on carnival looks like an open /close door... My question is what size bungee cord will we need to keep the door open and where do you attach it to? Thanks

Lenay

We will be sailing on the Liberty in 20 days and this will be the first balconey on Carvinval.. On princess the balconey doors were sliders, but the pictures on carnival looks like an open /close door... My question is what size bungee cord will we need to keep the door open and where do you attach it to? Thanks

Lenay

Good question i would like to know also:confused:

Our bungee cord is about 24 inches, and we open the balcony door & attach it to the one of the railings. Others have mentioned ways, such as using the door stop that's in your room (wedge it in the door), etc....

Our bungee cord is about 24 inches, and we open the balcony door & attach it to the one of the railings. Others have mentioned ways, such as using the door stop that's in your room (wedge it in the door), etc....

our neighbor had a larger bungee that thay attatched too the beam inbetween our balcony and theirs too keep the balcony door open. it would bang against the beam when they unhooked it from the door. very annoying. :mad:

our neighbor had a larger bungee that thay attatched too the beam inbetween our balcony and theirs too keep the balcony door open. it would bang against the beam when they unhooked it from the door. very annoying. :mad:

That would be annoying... how rude of them. We are very considerate balcony (& bungee) users. ;)

That would be annoying... how rude of them. We are very considerate balcony (& bungee) users. ;)

ye, very rude. i would hook it together too keep it from banging on the beam , but they never got the hint. i almost took it down and got rid of it but i figured they would raise a stink so we just did our thing with it. that is the only time i have had a problem with a bungee or a balcony neighbor.

thanks for being a considerate bungee user. im sure your neighbors appriciate it. :)

We always use the door stop and it works great. Just remember if your balcony door is open, don't open the door to the cabin too or you'll get a wind tunnel effect and everything blows around.

Lenay

I don't know... I've been on 3 cruises without a bungee cord and always found a way to keep it open. Once with a chair, once with the door thingy the steward uses to keep your cabin door open while cleaning, and---I can't remember this last time. Maybe the free toothbrush or razor that was in the bathroom.

Ours is also 24" and works great. We hook one end on the door handle and the other on the balcony partition... a chair would just be in the way and the door stop we would notice would disappear once in a while. I think they were using the same door stop for 2 cabins.......our cord is a staple in our luggage. If you hear your neighbors clinging just let them know.....easy peasy....

Archived