For Bermuda Gem cruisers...week at a glance!

Ella2

Serenacatherine is onboard the Gem and sailing today and was kind enough to send me this glimpse of the week's highlights to share with future Bermuda Gem cruisers.

IMG_20110612_120051.jpg

I know I find it helpful as I am a week behind her on the Gem. Enjoy! :)

Tremendous cruise, the best that I had ever done on Norwegian(did six cruises with them). Evening shows, food, Sinan-the best cruise director in the fleet, sunny weather every day, were excellent. One minus, don't go to Hamilton in Bermuda-that is a bust for shopping, stick with the Dockyard Clock Tower Mall for cheap t shirts, rings, bracelets, and earrings. You will have a ball. A phone number for you, Jenny Lim, assistant hotel director, ext. 8801-if you need a problem fixed.

Just got off of the GEM.

We had a wonderful cruise. The weather was fantastic, the seas were calm and Bermuda was beautiful.

I had the good fortune to stay in a Garden Villa, what an experience It made a great cruise even better

Just got off of the GEM.

We had a wonderful cruise. The weather was fantastic, the seas were calm and Bermuda was beautiful.

I had the good fortune to stay in a Garden Villa, what an experience It made a great cruise even better

We are planning on going on our honeymoon on the Gem on 9/18.

I am looking at either the S5-Courtyard penthouse or the SE/SF Penthouse with large balcony. Is the courtyard upgrade as nice as it sounds? thanks

You will love the GV. You will be treated like royalty Kadek the butler is fantastic and is truly at your beck and call. We had my 2 yr. old grandson and all he had to do is hear he liked something and it showed up in the suite before we knew it.

There are reserved seats in the theatre, so you can go as late as you wish to the show.

The only tip I can give is

ENJOY!

If you have any questions just ask

A phone number for you, Jenny Lim, assistant hotel director, ext. 8801-if you need a problem fixed.

I love Jenny. She really made my April cruise special. Does anyone happen to know a way to contact her by email? When we were disembarking, she asked if I had her email address; I thought I had it but didn't.

We also enjoyed this cruise tremendously. Great staff on the Gem, fantastic weather for all seven days. Recommend the Hidden Beach excursion, avoid the crowds and the open trolley is more comfortable than the buses. Talented show performers. Lots of trivia contests. Great fitness classes by Silvia and Steve. Don't miss Guitarist/Vocalist Leo in Magnums. Food was great especially in LeBistro and Cagney's. Everything ably supervised by Sean, one of NCL's best Hotel Directors. Sinan a laugh riot as CD.

This is fantastic - now I am getting really excited for my August 21st cruise to Bermuda. Going with my husband and two sons (age 17 and 19) - who are really looking forward to it also!

My family is also sailing this week on gem dh ds11 ds9 myself check out the roll call it's been quiet but will pick up I hope

Just got off of the GEM.

Glad to hear you had a great trip. We also stayed in the Garden Villa a few weeks ago. We were on the Starboard side so had a nice view of Bermuda while in port. It would great if we could do the GV every time!

We also enjoyed this cruise tremendously. Great staff on the Gem, fantastic weather for all seven days. Recommend the Hidden Beach excursion, avoid the crowds and the open trolley is more comfortable than the buses. Talented show performers. Lots of trivia contests. Great fitness classes by Silvia and Steve. Don't miss Guitarist/Vocalist Leo in Magnums. Food was great especially in LeBistro and Cagney's. Everything ably supervised by Sean, one of NCL's best Hotel Directors. Sinan a laugh riot as CD.

Glad you had a great time. Can you elaborate on the open trolley and the Hidden Beach excursion.

Also, was there a charge to get into Snorkel Park?

Thanks for any info.

Someone recently posted at the Bermuda forum Ports of Call board that the entry fee for Snorkel Park is $5.00 which in the poster's opinion and mine, is not worth it with so many beautiful natural beaches available.

The Hidden Beach by Open Trolley is an excursion that goes to Stonehole Bay on the South Shore. Stonehole Bay is located near Horseshoe Bay and can be easily walked to from there. Take a bus or taxi from the Dockyard to HSB and then walk to ShB. You won't have all the add-on that the excursion offers but you can stay at the beach as long as you want. IMHO, save your money; your only cost would be bus or taxi fare.

If you look at this YouTube

there is a picture of a road train at about the 49 second mark.

SBtS

Glad you had a great time. Can you elaborate on the open trolley and the Hidden Beach excursion.

Also, was there a charge to get into Snorkel Park?

Thanks for any info.

I thought it was well worth the money. No crowded buses there and back. Minimum walking, it's a long hill down to Horseshoe and back again and a considerable walk from there to Stonehole Bay unless you're young and healthy. They provide beach chairs for each person, an umbrella for every two people, bottled water, clean restroom, changing tent and an interesting sightseeing fresh air tour there and back.

The charge at Snorkel Park is $5.oo per person, chairs and umbrellas extra. Try to avoid low tide as swimming is best at high tide. Recommend you wear Tevas in the water, lots of small rocks difficult to avoid wading in. Outside hose shower and good restroom changing facilities.

Glad you liked the hidden beach excursion we have booked that for our July 3rd cruise. Traveling with 3 kids it's nice to know there are clean restrooms, chairs and umbrellas will be nice have while they play in the water!

Glad you liked the hidden beach excursion we have booked that for our July 3rd cruise. Traveling with 3 kids it's nice to know there are clean restrooms, chairs and umbrellas will be nice have while they play in the water!

They also have boogie boards and noodles for the kids and a lifeguard.

this is great...!

my wife and i will be on Gem to Bermuda as well for our honeymoon in about two weeks! this will serve as a guideline for us and plan what we want to do on the ship.

thank you very much! :)

I thought it was well worth the money. No crowded buses there and back. Minimum walking, it's a long hill down to Horseshoe and back again and a considerable walk from there to Stonehole Bay unless you're young and healthy. They provide beach chairs for each person, an umbrella for every two people, bottled water, clean restroom, changing tent and an interesting sightseeing fresh air tour there and back.

When you speak of clean restrooms, do you mean a porta potty or a regular restroom? We will be on the Gem in 12 days and are considering this excursion for our last day in Bermuda.

When you speak of clean restrooms, do you mean a porta potty or a regular restroom? We will be on the Gem in 12 days and are considering this excursion for our last day in Bermuda.

The restroom at Hidden Beach is a trailer brought in by the vendor and is very clean. There is a public restroom building within sight but not recommended.

Good choice for your final day in Bermuda as they will get you back to the ship on time and the ship must wait for you. We took it on the morning we arrived and avoided all the lines at the buses, ferry and visitor's center.

Archived