dinner in steakhouse, dessert in MDR

We are going to be trying "Anytime Dining" aboard the Valor next month. The couple we will be with wants to go to the steakhouse on a certain night, but I love the dessert that will be served in the MDR. Can we eat at the steakhouse then go to the MRD just to grab dessert? I searched this topic but couldn't find it being addressed. Thanks!

Oh yeah, good idea about the Lido, I didn't think of that. We can stop there on the way & hopefully it's there so we wouldn't have to bother the waiters for dessert only. Thanks!

I guess you could since you have Anytime Dining & you could just let your waiters know that you'll just be having dessert tonight. But you could also pass by the Lido buffet.. Sometimes they have dessert up there that is also served in the MDR. :)

LoL, I am sure that I will eat dessert in both places that evening :) We have never done the steakhouse, so I am excited to try it. But I LOVE the bitter and blanc!

Also wanted to note that you WILL not be disappointed with the Steakhouse's dessert if you decide to try it. The cheesecake & chocolate sampler are both to die for! :D

I'm not sure it's possible, but maybe they will box up some dessert for you from MDR to have later. You will NOT be able to eat again after the Steakhouse meal, not sure if you've been but the chocolate sampler is to DIE for and it's soooooooooo much.

Have an awesome time!!!

I'm not sure it's possible, but maybe they will box up some dessert for you from MDR to have later. You will NOT be able to eat again after the Steakhouse meal, not sure if you've been but the chocolate sampler is to DIE for and it's soooooooooo much.

Have an awesome time!!!

How will they know, and why would they care? I can eat at the Lido and then go down to the MDR for another meal if I choose to, why would it be different at the steakhouse, since the meal there has to be paid for in the first place, why would that exclude the MDR dining experience?

Also wanted to note that you WILL not be disappointed with the Steakhouse's dessert if you decide to try it. The cheesecake & chocolate sampler are both to die for! :D

funny you should say that. That's exactly what my wife and I had on our Valor steakhouse dinner.

That's one big arse piece of cheesecake.:eek:

Bill

I was wondering this too....

How will they know, and why would they care? I can eat at the Lido and then go down to the MDR for another meal if I choose to, why would it be different at the steakhouse, since the meal there has to be paid for in the first place, why would that exclude the MDR dining experience?

Originally Posted by kyrisong1 View Post

Have an awesome time!!!

I took that to mean that they would not be able to eat again after the Steakhouse because they would be so full...... that's why kyrisong said maybe they could get the dessert boxed up - meaning they could eat it later....

I think they were talking about physically not being able to fit another bite in .. laugh .. the portions at the steakhouse are "ginormous" .. (or however it's spelled... )

The cheesecake IS delicious .. we took ours back to the room .. along with 1/2 my steak .. (the kids ate it later..they even gave us silverware to take back!)

I took that to mean that they would not be able to eat again after the Steakhouse because they would be so full...... that's why kyrisong said maybe they could get the dessert boxed up - meaning they could eat it later....

I think most people did, especially if they have had the meal in the Steakhouse.

Your steakhouse experience will be between two and a half and three hours long. If you wanted to eat in the steakhouse, then roll :D yourself down to the MDR for dessert, you better make a very early reservation in the steakhouse. As others have eluded to, the steakhouse portions are huge ;). You will get an appetizer, many times a chef's surprise, the main course, and then desert. If you don't eat all day, and have a big appetite, you may have room for desert in the MDR. Enjoy the steakhouse. We have had wonderful experiences on both the Miracle and the Glory.

When we ate at the steakhouse on the Liberty last year it was on the formal night that they served bitter & blanc in the MDR. One of the guys in our group had them bring him the bitter & blanc from the MDR for his dessert. It took a little while for them to bring it, but they did!

Have an awesome time!!!

I took this to mean ....unable to physically eat as opposed to not be allowed to eat as well....

And I agree!!

ANd this is also what I was going to suggest!!

We had dinner in the Steakhouse on the Valor on my BDay - June 1 - and I did not think of doing this. I MISSED bitter and blanc which is one of my favorites! Had I realized I was going to miss that I would have gone to the MDR and asked my waiter to box one up for me

HOWEVER.....the FANSTASTIC, WONDERFUL, DELICIOUS dessert I had in the steakhouse made up for the missed favorite in the MDR by a hundredfold!!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Ohhhhh, that's what she meant! LoL Well that makes more sense then! Thanks for explaining and the responses!

I took this to mean ....unable to physically eat as opposed to not be allowed to eat as well....

And I agree!!

ANd this is also what I was going to suggest!!

We had dinner in the Steakhouse on the Valor on my BDay - June 1 - and I did not think of doing this. I MISSED bitter and blanc which is one of my favorites! Had I realized I was going to miss that I would have gone to the MDR and asked my waiter to box one up for me

HOWEVER.....the FANSTASTIC, WONDERFUL, DELICIOUS dessert I had in the steakhouse made up for the missed favorite in the MDR by a hundredfold!!! :D

We are going to be trying "Anytime Dining" aboard the Valor next month. The couple we will be with wants to go to the steakhouse on a certain night, but I love the dessert that will be served in the MDR. Can we eat at the steakhouse then go to the MRD just to grab dessert? I searched this topic but couldn't find it being addressed. Thanks!

you do not want to miss the dessert offerings in the steakhouse!

Archived