New to Oceana - Question re Dining Options on Boarding

Wannaknow

We will probably be boarding Regatta to Alaska around 3 - 3:30 p.m. Will there be any venue open for a quick snack as I don't think we'll be eating much on the plane.

Thanks for your help.

insigniaterrace2.jpg

Yes the Terrace cafe will be open, deck 9, just aft of the pool.

211126.jpg

We will probably be boarding Regatta to Alaska around 3 - 3:30 p.m. Will there be any venue open for a quick snack as I don't think we'll be eating much on the plane.

Thanks for your help.

I would strongly recommend that you have something on your flight up, or at least, carry on some sort of a snack. You won't arrive until after noon, then take the transport to the check-in center, hand over your luggage, and then board the ship.

Unless you want to chew on the morning's newspaper, the earliest you're going to be able to get food will probably not be until after 3 or 4 in the afternoon. The Terrace is usually open most of the day of embarcation, but you will be late. Then, off to your room and start unpacking.

Thanks for your comments. I checked the food menu on Alaskan AL & it doesn't sound too bad, so will have something there & also bring some energy bars to get us thru.

Your comments made me realize I'll be too excited to eat anyhow (not so my poorhusband though :rolleyes:) but I'd rather get to my cabin & get organized. That's a much better idea.

We travelled with Oceania- Ragatta from Rome to Athens in October 2008. We got on the ship really early- 11:40 Am and were able to go for lunch in the Waves Grill by 1 PM. The food is amazing in all venues. You might want to prebook your dinners in the Toscana and Polo grill early. It was great to join others at the table, no extra charges. We booked with a group of 8 all together( we met on Cruise critic and organized private excursions):) for the 1st and last night of the cruise. The last night was Halloween and we were the last to leave the Polo grill. check the menues. You need to do lots of walking in port to ward off the calories you intake on the ship. Happy cruising!

Archived