Sapphire Princess A744 & A749

Kaibocan

I am not a fan of the aft facing cabins because of the wake noise. It was too noisy on the balcony for me (inside the cabin with the slider closed it was fine). Some people like them for the view which is more panoramic. You are below a public area, which is sometimes a noise problem, but that area of the Horizon Terrace does not get heavy traffic so that probably won't be a problem.

Some don't like the vibrations you get in the aft area while docking, but it did not bother me. The vibrations only last about 15 minutes in the morning when the ship is docking. I found it to be a good wake up call for my shore excursion.

Has anyone stayed in either one of these rooms? I'd love some input. Noise level & balcony size etc.

Thanks

I've stayed in A749 and loved the location. Noise level was very good very quiet. It's at the end of the hall and back in a little "nook" so no foot traffic at all. The only night you will noise is if they have a deck party in the aft pool area one night. Not sure where you are sailing. If to Mexico, they do a deck party Monday night so it gets load and then you can hear them putting all the chairs and stuff away. Other than that, very quiet. It's great, too, because you can walk out the door at the end of the hallway and be up on the aft pool deck in the back of the ship and then just walk into the buffet for coffee. The balcony is small - barely room for two chairs so the balcony was one of my least favorite balconies I've had. If I remember right it has steel all the way down unlike the balconies on the side of the ship which are that plexiglass looking stuff.

BTW, the view of the wake is fabulous! I didn't find it too noisy - I couldn't hear it with the door closed and loved hearing it when the door was open.

Edited by chloedmom

• 2 years later...

We were on the Sapphire Princess in Feb 2014 for a 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise and we had room A744. This was our first aft-facing cabin and we loved it! It didn't seem to me that there was much more ship or water noise than other balconies that we have had that were mid-ship or forward, but I enjoy some background noise at bedtime. There was a little more movement, but I enjoyed that. The balcony was very private and although it wasn't large, it was big enough for us to have a beautiful "ultimate balcony dinner", an experience I highly recommend for any special occasion.

I am not a fan of the aft facing cabins because of the wake noise. It was too noisy on the balcony for me (inside the cabin with the slider closed it was fine). Some people like them for the view which is more panoramic. You are below a public area, which is sometimes a noise problem, but that area of the Horizon Terrace does not get heavy traffic so that probably won't be a problem.

Some don't like the vibrations you get in the aft area while docking, but it did not bother me. The vibrations only last about 15 minutes in the morning when the ship is docking. I found it to be a good wake up call for my shore excursion.

Totally agree with your comments. I think we must be in the minority though. :cool: Also, there is a lot more movement and ship noise while underway (creaking, etc.).