Anyone else have a problem with specialty dining reservation times?

Maybe I'm the only one but I'm surprised I don't hear more people upset about the limited dining times available when reserving specialty dining pre-cruise. We will be sailing shortly on Allure and I called 90 days out to reserve. I was told by the representative that it was the first day. Now its true that I wasn't able to call until the afternoon and by then I was mostly given the option of 5:30 or 9:00-9:30. So despite calling as early as I could on the first possible day I now need to change several dining times if I can after I board. More importantly it interferes with entertainment reservations which couldn't be made at all or at preferred showings because of the dining times I was offered. I fully understand that RCCL needs to hold times for Diamond members etc but maybe they can be given an earlier date to book followed by the rest of us so there is a shot at reasonable times when trying to plan in advance. I don't recall having this issue on Freedom or Voyager. I know that I can probably get the times I want once on board but I would rather have it out of the way and just start to enjoy my vacation. Doesn't make much sense to me. Any one else feel the same way?

Didn't have any issues booking times on the Allure for Sept 25 sailing. There were certain hours each night that seemed to be blocked off, but looking at it I think it was for the earlier reservations to be afforded the time to dine and relax before the next wave of people came in (want to say it was at about the 1.30 - 1:45 hours into the first sitting). Shows seemed to be offset by dining times so i could dine and then do show, or vise verasa.

I was aboard the Allure first week of May, made all my reservations for specialty dinning and shows online and no issues. At one point we wanted to cancel the Chef's table because it was also formal night on the ship but fortunate for us we decided to keep the reservation. You can modify your reservations online without any issues. If you are dinning at the specialty restaurants feel free to view my blog for menu, images and reviews at http://www.twoculturescook.com/?page_id=22

I'm having issues with this too!!! The only times I can book are either ridiculously early or ridiculously late. This is so frustrating (and we're Diamond members too!). I'm just taking my chances once on board to book dining times. Let me know if you figure anything out!

-Lizz

Archived