Allure Trip Journal with Pics - June 5-12/11 (Solo!)

After spending some time on deck, I went back to my room and found a voice mail from the Guest Services Manager asking me to call him ASAP as he needed me to change rooms. I called him back and he explained that a large family needed my room (possibly my neighbors who were upset that their room was only set up for 2, not 4, and there was “something wrong with it”, in their words) so he wanted to know if I’d be okay moving to a central park balcony on deck 12. I thought about it, and while I’d miss my location on deck 8 near the elevators/stairs, and central park, I would now have a balcony and hopefully a quieter room without a connecting door and loud neighbors.

quote]

You actually had to think about it? LOL

I forgot to mention that some of the specialty restaurant prices seem to have gone up recently, and I'm not sure if it's only on the Allure, or if it's fleet-wide. Chops was $30 instead of $25, 150 Central Park was $40 instead of $35, Giovanni's was $20 instead of $15, and the Chef's Table was $95, however I thought I recalled it being closer to $75 before?

I paid the 35 for central park. I did mine before I left on line

What a wonderful review and great photos! I was sad to see it end! For many years I was a solo cruiser and absolutely agree that it has pros and cons. I loved the freedom of being able to do whatever I wanted whenever I felt like it. I always sat at a large table in the MDR with other singles and the occasional couple. Sounds like MDR dropped the ball on your MDR seating, that is too bad, but I really admire your attitude of always looking on the bright side. On the con side, I too sometimes felt lonely and was happy to engage in ice cream therapy. Great photos, great insight, thanks so much!

Thanks again for your wonderful review. I really enjoyed it. It also made me realize I missed a lot of things on my 1st sailing on Allure.

I will be on the Allure this Sunday solo and you have helped calm the nerves a bit with your review. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I have a good MDR table.

Thanks again for sharing your cruise.

I can tell that I will need to reply to this tread!!! I normally don't log in to read, but so far this is wonderful!!!

Thank you for talking about your day of the cruise departure, I am also doing this in Oct. and it is totally freaking me out!!! (normally I travel in the day before)

I was freaking out a bit about mine too as I have always flown in the day before, but I really didn't want to stay in a hotel solo - I thought it would be a bit of a downer on the trip. It worked out really well though! Just make sure your flight is early enough just incase. I know things can still go wrong, but I was just glad they didn't. ;)

Thanks again for your wonderful review. I really enjoyed it. It also made me realize I missed a lot of things on my 1st sailing on Allure.

I will be on the Allure this Sunday solo and you have helped calm the nerves a bit with your review. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I have a good MDR table.

RCCLGal,

I'm sure you're going to have a wonderful cruise. Just do what I didn't do, and go to the MDR when you board to see who else is at your table, and if it doesn't sound like a good fit, have them change it. And if after the first dinner, you're thinking about switching, ask them that night. They said they make 1300-1400 changes on the first and second day, so they should be able to accomodate you then.

Most importantly, have a WONDERFUL cruise and please come back and share your experiences afterwards!

UNV-IT, I'll be e-mailing you the other pictures of you guys tonight or tomorrow. I just got a new computer today so I have to try to get it set up. Stay tuned! :) If you could e-mail me the ones you took of me as well, that would be awesome!

UNV-IT, I'll be e-mailing you the other pictures of you guys tonight or tomorrow. I just got a new computer today so I have to try to get it set up. Stay tuned! :) If you could e-mail me the ones you took of me as well, that would be awesome!

Of course. Just haven't up loaded them yet.

RCCLgal - Have a wonderful time on your cruise this Sunday. I'll be doing a solo in October, my first one. I'm so very excited. Please let me know how you make out and any tips you can share.

Have a blast!!

Wonderful pictures and recap. I'm sorry we didn't get to meet. We got to the Sail Away late and not many people up there had beads on and I snoozed through the M&M in the Solarium but it looks like I missed out because you seem like a very fun person to cruise with. I'm glad you had a great time!

My overall impressions of the Allure and sailing solo:

I had a wonderful cruise and could not have chosen a better ship! I had been dreaming about sailing on the Oasis or Allure for a couple years since the Oasis was being built, and it was nice to finally do it! It was a great ship for a solo traveller since there were so many activities to do and places to go to keep me busy, however I DO see why many prefer to sail solo on smaller ships in order to more easily keep in contact with the people they meet.

The Allure succeeded at WOWing me, and I have been raving to my friends and family since I got back, telling them that they HAVE to sail on this amazing ship!

Would I sail on the Allure again? DEFINITELY! Hopefully with friends or family next time so that I can share all I have discovered with them, and experience it a little differently.

Would I sail solo again? Probably! I'd once again make sure to get on the Roll Calls to try to meet some people and make plans in advance since that made a big difference in my enjoyment onboard. I also would stick to cruises 7 days or shorter, as I was ready to come home to my family and friends after the 7 days (whereas I prefer slightly longer cruises when sailing with others).

Anyway I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has to the best of my abilities. Thank you all for following along! I hope you enjoyed it! :)

.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1429127&page=6

Safar4me, here is the link for our Roll Call on Allure for the Aug 21 sailing!

feel free to post!!!

newbcruiser,

Thank you for the review and pictures! love it! forgot about certain things

you posted, like the airline kiosk. Didnt know about the menu on TV, we

barely turn it on, and the Q & A past passenger party...I better turn it on!

I enjoyed reading your reviews we are still 8 months away march 11th 2012.

We live in Mississauga so we are not to far away from you.quote=Newbcruiser1;29465531]

My overall impressions of the Allure and sailing solo:

I had a wonderful cruise and could not have chosen a better ship! I had been dreaming about sailing on the Oasis or Allure for a couple years since the Oasis was being built, and it was nice to finally do it! It was a great ship for a solo traveller since there were so many activities to do and places to go to keep me busy, however I DO see why many prefer to sail solo on smaller ships in order to more easily keep in contact with the people they meet.

The Allure succeeded at WOWing me, and I have been raving to my friends and family since I got back, telling them that they HAVE to sail on this amazing ship!

Would I sail on the Allure again? DEFINITELY! Hopefully with friends or family next time so that I can share all I have discovered with them, and experience it a little differently.

Would I sail solo again? Probably! I'd once again make sure to get on the Roll Calls to try to meet some people and make plans in advance since that made a big difference in my enjoyment onboard. I also would stick to cruises 7 days or shorter, as I was ready to come home to my family and friends after the 7 days (whereas I prefer slightly longer cruises when sailing with others).

Anyway I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has to the best of my abilities. Thank you all for following along! I hope you enjoyed it! :)

Archived